Christmas Greeting 2023
Omega 365 CEO, Petter Aalvik
Christmas is almost here, and it's a good time to reflect on the past year. I find myself feeling very thankful for all that has happened in 2023. This year has brought us significant growth as we continue to recover from the pandemic, and there's still much to be done. Our company is involved in a wide range of sectors, including construction, infrastructure, mining, metals, offshore wind, CO2 cleaning, oil and gas, nuclear power plants, battery production, data centers, food production, and health.
Our subsea, software, and consultancy services have all seen an increase in demand. Some of our standout performers in 2023, with over 50% growth, include Omega 365 Australia, Omega 365 Singapore, Omega 365 Canada, Omega 365 Denmark, Omega 365 Lithuania, and Omega Subsea. Omega Subsea, in collaboration with Solstad Offshore, has put ROVs into operation, and we have several new systems on order. Our partnership with Solstad extends from the operation and management of ROVs to equipment, tool packages, project staffing, and project management.
In the software department, Pims R4 has gained a strong global market position, Pims R5 is setting industry standards for project execution, and our newest addition, the Omega 365 software platform, is spreading in existing and new market segments.
Our contract with Sykehusbygg in 2023 marked a major milestone for Omega 365, not only in projects but also in managing real estate portfolios during operation and maintenance.
For all the projects to be realized in the future, we depend on expertise, and our consultancy services are currently experiencing significant global growth.
We're delighted to welcome new colleagues who have joined us. By December 2023, we've welcomed 200 new colleagues, bringing our total group to over 2000 employees. It's exciting to have both experienced professionals and many young graduates and apprentices join the Omega team. Our turnover increased by 20% to around 3 billion. Omega was even honored as the company of the year in Haugalandet. Our administration and technology team successfully implemented Omega 365 as our new ERP system. We celebrated the opening of new offices in Perth (Australia), Singapore, Copenhagen, Calgary, and Kristiansund. The prospects for 2024 look promising.
As the year comes to a close, we're excited to welcome another 100 new employees, with 20 from the engineering company PDS Protek AS and 80 from the consultancy PDS Consult AS. In December, we signed an agreement to acquire the shares of the PDS group in Haugesund, strengthening our engineering capabilities and expanding our consulting segment. This move means more customers and new opportunities. Let's give a warm welcome to our new colleagues!
Behind our satisfied customers, large deliveries, successful tenders, social events, and welfare initiatives, there are always dedicated colleagues who balance hard work with a positive atmosphere and good spirits. I'm constantly impressed by their dedication.
We're fortunate to be safe and sound, and we remember those who face threats and danger every day.
This year, our Christmas gift is going to the Norwegian Refugee Council, where we are completing the final part of a 1 million NOK donation distributed over the past two years. This contribution aims to assist refugees and people displaced by conflicts or natural disasters. In 2024, we plan to expand our collaboration by donating 50 000 NOK a month (600,000 NOK per year) to support the Norwegian Refugee Council's crucial humanitarian work. With this support, we hope to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who need it most.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication in 2023!
2023 Highlights in Omega 365
- Generating opportunities for potential candidates
- Advantage for training and development
- Construction Ready to Start in Suldal
- Omega 365 Areal strengthens their environmental status
- New office space secured in Calgary
- Strengthening the consulting services in Bergen
- Omega 365 awarded Company of the Year
- Teambuilding to Aberdeen
- Omega 365 Launches New Office in Perth
- Strong results for Omega 365 in 2022
- Omega 365 signs contract with Gaia Salmon
- Teambuilding to Lago Maggiore in Italy
- Omega 365 featured in Finansavisen
- Omega Subsea Robotics awards record contract to Kystdesign
- Celebrating 2000 employees
- Teambuilding to beautiful Amsterdam
- Omega 365 is now ISO certified
- Employees on Pride and diversity
- Hiking club takes on Flørlitrappene
- Cornhole enthusiasm unites employees
- Omega 365 welcomes new board members
- Omega 365 signs contract with Azule Energy
- Team Singapore visits Perth
- Omega 365 to provide technology boost for Sellafield project
- Omega 365 signs nationwide agreement with Norwegian construction agency Sykehusbygg
- Omega 365 Australia expands into regional sectors
- A new round with Lifehack
- Secured floating offshore wind contract
- Omega 365 expands with new offices in Kristiansund
- Unforgettable teambuilding trip to Montenegro
- Focus on cybersecurity in Omega 365
- Open office layout strengthens teamwork
- Streamlined recruitment with internship program
- Advantage teambuilding to cultural Vietnam
- Connecting at the Autumn Gatherings
- New contracts in Copenhagen
- Core values in action
- Celebrates the expansion of Mowi's facility
- Office opening in Calgary
- Meeting new colleagues in Omega 365 Protek