Vågslid Svartufs Cabin
Our Vågslid Svartufs cabin is a beautiful modern cabin with 17 beds, and located in Vågslid, a great destination for both skiing and hiking.
- 17 beds in 5 bedrooms
- 1. Double bed (180 cm)
- 2. Family bunk bed and a bunk bed (120 cm x 90 cm + 90 cm x 2)
- 3. Family bunk bed (120 cm - 90 cm)
- 4. Bunk bed (90 cm x 2)
- 5. Bed room at loft with 5 beds (90 cm)
- 3 bathrooms
- Hot tub
- Open plan living room and kitchen with a large dining table
- Loft living room with sofa bed (2 persons) - not duvets and pillows
- No smoking! No pets!
- Remember that check-in is from 17:00 CET and check-out is at 12:00 CET. If you are leaving on a Sunday and no new guests are arriving on the same day, you can stay as long as you want.
Please clarify this with Omega 365 by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or calling +47 5377 5377.
What to bring
- Bed linen and towels
- Kitchen towel and washcloths
- Toilet paper
- Dishwashing detergents and hand soap
- Baby cot
- Baby high chair
- Internet (router in the storage room on the main floor)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Campfire pan
- Woodstove and firewood
- Open the main water valve (bottom cabinet in the laundry room behind the hot water tank)
- Adjust the heating cable if needed
- Open the damper for the fireplace (handle in the front needs to be turned all the way to the right)
- Adjust the ventilation to normal (panel on the left inside the laundry room)
If the stove switches off or the stove guard beeps, press the button on the left side of the stove guard under the fan. Instructions for use can be found inside the fan cabinet. Remember to always use the fan when cooking.
The hot water supply will naturally decrease after many showers and the washer and the dishwasher has been in use. It takes time to heat up a lot of water, so be patient. Please remember to reduce your shower time.
You can drive all the way to the cottage, and there is space for one car in the garage, and an additional 4 cars outside the cabin (summer)
Snow will be plowed Thursday to Sunday, so if you arrive before Thursday, we will have to order extra plowing for you. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the area right in front of the garage door and entrance will not be cleared, as the snowplowing team leaves a 1-meter distance to prevent any damages. Snowplowing is ordered by Omega through an app
During your stay
Turn on by pressing the button on the top left of the screen. Hold the button until it lights up. Choose a program according to your preference. Adjust the strength of bubbles and massage by turning the "wheels" on the edge of the bathtub. Clean with water and a cloth after use. User manual is located in the drawer in the bathroom. The code to connect your phone is 1234.
The panel for adjusting the balanced ventilation is located on the left inside the laundry room. It should be set to minimum when leaving and normal during your stay.
The TV is placed in the attic. You can either choose channels from the local cable TV provider, Medianett, or use the Smartview app for Samsung TV. Download the app and connect to the TV following the app's instructions.
There are underfloor heating systems in all rooms in the basement and bathrooms. These can be adjusted in each room. The display shows the current temperature after the desired temperature is set.
LED Light Switches
Many of the lights are LED, and to turn them on, simply press the light switch once. To adjust the brightness, hold the switch until the desired level is reached.
Open the glass by lifting the wooden handle. It's important to open the damper before lighting the fireplace. Open the damper by turning the handle below the wooden handle all the way to the right. Combustion air enters from the bottom of the fireplace, and if there's a lot of ash, it may hinder the airflow.
- Exit from E134 next to Haukelifjell Skisenter and continue straight ahead (on Tyrvelivegen) for about 1 km towards the ski lift.
- Turn right onto Svartufs and continue straight ahead for about 300 meters. Keep left in a small intersection.
- About 50 meters after the small intersection, take a sharp left turn.
- Follow this road further up, and then turn right.
- Continue for about 200–300 meters. You will then find the cabin on your left side.
- Skien – 2.5 hours (185 km)
- Haugesund – 2.5 hours (185 km)
- Bergen – 3.5 hours
- Stavanger – 3.5 hours (245 km)
- Bring your garbage with you, remove empty goods and empty the fridge for food
- Garbage must be thrown in the containers down by the boom.
- Adjust the heat cable down
- Close the damper for the fireplace
- Adjust ventilation to minimum
- Turn off the main water valve
- Remember to close all windows.
- Lock the doors (remember the sliding doors in the living room)
- Put the key back in the key box
If you require assistance during your stay, please contact Omega 365.
Feedback helps us improve our Advantage accommodation. Please provide feedback on defects, flaws, or damage.