Interface & Technical Change Control Lead
Omega 365 Consulting is a leading supplier of highly skilled project personnel in the oil and gas, renewable energy, and infrastructure sectors. We offer a wide range of consultant assignments, featuring many of the most exciting projects in Norway and internationally.
Duration: ASAP - 1 year with opportunity of extension
Location: Trondheim, Aberdeen or Home office based
- The Interface & Change Control Lead reporting to Engineering Manager will be an integral part of PDE Project Management Team, working collaboratively within the PDE organisation, systems, procedures, and methods.
- This role has been identified as a “Key Position” within Rosebank project organization of PDE and it is required that She / He is available and willing to continue to work in this position in the project phase.
- The Interface & Change Control Lead is a key member of the PDE Project Management Team and shall be responsible for activities such as Interface Management, resolution of interface processes and ensuring that critical interfaces and all interfaces that have impact on contract exhibits, project cost and schedule are handled through the change control system as well as being PDE’s leading interface towards both Client and Contractor on all interface engineering related matters.
- She / He will be responsible for conducting the interface workshops at start of Project to identify and define interfaces between various stakeholders including key sub-contractors and vendors and subsequently to establish interface register including the deadlines.
- She / He will also be responsible for identifying changes and managing the technical aspects of changes in consultation with the Engineering Manager as per the established change management process.
- She / He will be the technical point of contact towards Project Contracts / Project Control team of PDE.
- The additional responsibilities will also include overall management of Technical Queries (TQ) process and action closeouts from various design and safety reviews.
- Ensure that relevant activities within the discipline are within the company framework and in conformance with contract requirements, Project Execution Plan, and relevant laws and regulations. The health and safety of personnel, natural and working environment and equipment shall be taken care of.
- Ensure good cooperation, communication and alignment between the base organization and the project.
- Maintain existing system for interface management and change control.
- Responsible for handling technical aspects of changes and change control. Minimize and control the number of design changes in the project. Implement changes necessary for the project.
- Ensure that critical interfaces and all interfaces that have impact on contract exhibits, project cost and schedule are handled through the change control system.
- Overall responsible for TQ process, Action Tracking process. PIMS TQ and action tracker module will be used for following up processes.
- Implement interface requirements in contracts and purchase orders
- Ensure that regular interface coordination meetings are organized.
- Accept new or revised interface items and close out interfaces
- Proactively initiate actions to resolve cases where agreement is not achieved between interfacing contractors
- Provide regular reports on interface and change status to the Project Engineering Manager and PDE Project Control Team.
- Review Contractors’ Interface management and Change Control.
- Identifies and evaluates discrepancies between the Interface systems and those required by the Client and/or PDE’s specifications.
- Keep an overview of TQs status and expedite / follow-up TQ answering / closeout process within PDE team.
- Keep a status overview of actions within Action Tracker module and expedite / follow-up of action answering / closeout process within PDE team and also externally towards Contractors and Client.
- Participate and follow-up as necessary in technical audits within area of responsibility.
- Contribute to experience transfer.
- Ensures that PDE and Client safety, quality and management standards are implemented and maintained in the development of the Interface systems.
- Technical education on bachelor level or higher within working area.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience within working area related to interface management.
- Recent experience of working with electronic interface management systems is a must. Experience of PIMS interface and change control module is an advantage.
- Recent relevant experience in middle east / southeast Asian shipyards is an advantage
- Familiarity with UK rules & regulations
- Recent relevant experience of UK North Sea project execution is an advantage
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills applied to a multidisciplined project team
- Diplomacy & assertiveness
- English – fluent written and verbal skills
Join Omega 365 Consulting for:
- Personalized, hands-on support from our dedicated Omega 365 team members
- Collaboration with one of Norway's most prestigious consultant firms
- Guidance from experienced department managers, facilitating the development of your project expertise
- Internal visa assistance and expert advice for EEA/expat consultants
- Excellent opportunities to expand your professional network through project involvement and social gatherings
- Exclusive benefits including access to holiday houses and cabins in picturesque locations such as Hovden, Hemsedal, Geilo, Hafjell, Oppdal, Voss, Vågsli, Sirdal, Gran Canaria, and Thailand
- Diverse offerings of events including concerts and exciting excursion, both in Norway and abroad. We unveil attractive new trips exclusively for our employees every year.
Explore further at: https://omega365.com/advantage