Field Engineer – Material / Construction
Omega 365 Consulting is a leading supplier of highly skilled project personnel in the oil and gas, renewable energy, and infrastructure sectors. We offer a wide range of consultant assignments, featuring many of the most exciting projects in Norway and internationally.
Duration: 01.03.2024 - 31.07.2025
Location: Heerema Yard , Vlissingen, Netherland
- The Field Engineer is responsible for all material related issues during the construction phase of the Jacket at the yard as well as at subcontractors facilities.
- The Field Engineer shall oversee the assembly and construction on behalf of the Company, starting at the earliest stages of construction at yard.
- Role holder shall monitor all major aspects of the development, report directly to Construction Site lead on any issues that may impact HSSEQ, schedule, financials, and team members, while making recommendations on problem-solving solutions.
- The role holder is a part of the Project Construction team.
- Demonstrate HSSEQ leadership by being a role model. Promoting HSSEQ principles, mindset, and Company SAFER Values. Active participation to achieve project HSSEQ goals.
- Demonstrate HSSEQ Leadership by emphasizing personal commitment.
- Review Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s technical documentation and ensure an adequate standard related to Clients requirements
- Member of client Construction Site team and contribute to the group as the driving force within your discipline. For day-to-day business report to Construction lead on site.
- Assist the Site Manager for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting another department.
- Follow up QA/QC routines and procedures for the Construction/Completion phase and follow up by site inspections including pre-fabrication site and report all non-compliance, comment activities to QA-plan, audit, and verification plan.
- Participate in inspection activities according to Inspection and Test plan (ITP) as required.
- Ensure good communication between Contractor and Company and be the connecting link between Site and company’s engineering contractor.
- Ensure that operators have adequate skills in respective trades and continuously follow up on quality of installation activities.
- Follow up the MC documentation during the construction period and verify MC certificates and Punch items on behalf of company. Sign as verifier on behalf of Company in PIMS CMS.
- Participate in SJA, Risk Assessment, HAZID, HAZOP or other HSSEQ related reviews when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science or similar
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in oil & gas Industry, preferable engineering/Construction
- Working praxis abroad on another Yard is preferable.
- Knowledge and practice of applicable standards for design and construction of Jackets
- Experience with offshore steel construction/MC/fielding work, PIMS CMS experience
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Actively seeks out know-how and best practice, related to own area of contribution.
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Actively promotes open and effective communication.
- Strong planning and organizing ability.
- Actively promotes a positive team environment, demonstrating shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider project organization.
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently according to LEAN principles.
- Focuses effort and prioritizes work to deliver business value.
- Good knowledge of the English and Norwegian languages (both written and verbal)
- SAFER to be part of the daily work.
- Experience, qualifications, and abilities
- Committed to company HSSEQ policy and principles.
- Act responsibly and in accordance with company SAFER Values and Quality requirements
- Act in accordance with company ethical guidelines and code of conduct
Join Omega 365 Consulting for:
- Personalized, hands-on support from our dedicated Omega 365 team members
- Collaboration with one of Norway's most prestigious consultant firms
- Guidance from experienced department managers, facilitating the development of your project expertise
- Internal visa assistance and expert advice for EEA/expat consultants
- Excellent opportunities to expand your professional network through project involvement and social gatherings
- Exclusive benefits including access to holiday houses and cabins in picturesque locations such as Hovden, Hemsedal, Geilo, Hafjell, Oppdal, Voss, Vågsli, Sirdal, Gran Canaria, and Thailand
- Diverse offerings of events including concerts and exciting excursion, both in Norway and abroad. We unveil attractive new trips exclusively for our employees every year.
Explore further at: https://omega365.com/advantage