- Provide analytical support for contract negotiations.
- Contribute to establishing contract and procurement strategy.
- Undertake market assessment and prequalification of suppliers using industry recognized methods.
- Maintain up-to-date market information and prepare trend reports for use in development of specific strategies.
- Coordinate the entire contract and procurement process in accordance with client policies, license operating agreements and Corporate Procurement Policy, including:
- Prequalification of suppliers/contractors
- Preparation of Instruction to Tender packages together with technical disciplines
- Perform tender evaluation, negotiation and recommendation to management and license partners for award of contract.
- Prepare and submit required authority reports of award.
- Preparation of final contract documentation
- Assist Project Manager in all aspects of administration of project contracts.
- Review scope of work and ensure that document contains core elements.
- Advise, as necessary, on project contract matters, including soliciting input from company Procurement and Legal groups.
- Administer post award contract activities, including contractor insurance and verification, contract start-up, maintaining contract files and record retention, monitoring, and close-out, receipt of contract obligations, amendments, contract extensions or renewals.
- Ensure that requests for variations are reviewed, responded and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure checking, reviewing and endorsing of contractor invoices submitted for approval.
- Provide leadership in resolving contractor claims and participating in negotiations with contractor, as necessary.
- Provide project claims avoidance & mitigation advice, as necessary.
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills within a diverse cross-functional team
- Oversee data entry, creation of adhoc reports and ensure complete contract documentation is loaded in the designated P/SCM systems (i.e. SAP, etc.)
- Participate in periodic reviews of contracting procedure and in establishing key business process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred. Extensive experience may replace formal education.
- 20+ years of experience in contracts management, subcontract bid proposals, subcontract strategy, risk management, and procurement.
- Detailed and expert contract and procurement knowledge including relevant regulations governing contract and procurement activities.
- Strong contractual awareness and ability to work across multi-discipline environment.
- Commercial awareness, negotiation skills, IT/ERP systems, cross-discipline knowledge and understanding, market knowledge, self-driven and analytic.
- Strong team skills and demonstrated ability to be a well-respected team member.
- Ability to effectively lead a team, ensuring the decision-making process is clear among all team members.