The Operations Director is responsible for managing and leading all aspects of natural gas pipelines, including day to day pipeline operations, managing pipeline Rights of Way (ROW), meter stations, compressor stations and other related assets. The Operations Director will be responsible for managing the Clients Operations contractors and ensuring the safe and reliable daily functioning of the client's pipelines. The Operations Director will evaluate cost efficiencies and effectiveness of pipeline operations and of the contractors both individually and as a whole. In addition, the Operations Director will plan and build for the future expansion of operational resources in conjunction with the project portfolio. Ultimately, the Ops Director is responsible for all operational activities, reporting, audit readiness, safety, quality control, budgeting, compliance, and regulatory reporting.
- Manage operations staff and contractors in support of daily pipeline operations, maintenance and regulatory-required monitoring and testing.
- Monitor and control the encroachment life cycle including the encroachment agreements, application fees, field monitoring, engineering, legal, and Land/ROW support. Coordinate billing of encroaching parties on a quarterly basis.
- Track, manage, and report on the budget including current spend, forecast and variance explanations on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Operations reports including HSE, availability, significant ongoing and pending O&M work, and other operational activities.
- Develop and support detailed annual Operations budget for all of the client's assets.
- Evaluate staffing requirements and make well-supported recommendations for contract versus internal staffing.
- Partner with business development and project management on existing company assets and on prospective asset development, expansion, and acquisition opportunities by providing OPEX estimate support, input on operational concerns for proposed projects, and due diligence support of asset acquisitions.
The successful candidate will possess the following experiences and qualifications:
- 10-15+ years of progressively senior operational experience in natural gas pipelines and related facilities. Experience in intrastate gas pipelines is critical.
- Experience in developing and managing operational budgets inclusive of monthly tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and Operations Management experience required.
- Must be knowledgeable in state and federal regulatory requirements inclusive of the RRC-TX, PHMSA, DOT and other related agencies and their regulations.
- Experience in managing encroachments, line locating, SCADA, leak monitoring surveys, and other related normal operating activities.
- Strong documentation management skills to maintain audit readiness.
- Thorough understanding of customer base and an ability to develop and foster relationships and cooperation of key stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of industry, regulatory standards, and design criteria as well as an excellent understanding of HSE requirements and risk management.
- Demonstrated and well-developed organizational, written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be innovative, initiate, lead, and manage change collaboratively, catalyzing teams to achieve results.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Issue clear, concise, accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required by management and if necessary, related parties including Macquarie, investors, and partners.
- An undergraduate required.
- Accustomed to and capable of working in field environments.
- Travel required and as necessary.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple operational regions (states).
Direct hire - Permanent