Senior Project Manager
The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for leading and executing natural gas pipeline growth projects. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of pipeline and midstream-related projects from project development-related estimates and scoping through project execution until turnover to Pipeline Operations. Projects include pipelines of any size and length, interconnects, meter stations, compression, storage, and other natural gas-related facilities. The successful candidate will bring forward a multidisciplinary approach to the design of pipeline and related facilities ensuring that all functions including commercial/business development, planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and Operations work effectively and efficiently with one another ensuring projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Subject matter expert on all project management activities for assigned natural gas infrastructure projects inclusive of the ten knowledge areas as taught by the Project Management Institute.
- Ensure the successful and timely delivery of each project through management of internal staff, external contractors, procurement and contracting, financial and schedule reporting, and management of change.
- Partner with commercial operations and business development on existing company assets and on prospective asset development, expansion, and acquisition opportunities by leading the estimating process inclusive of risk-based analysis of CAPEX and OPEX costs.
- Provide timely, accurate and thorough written and verbal reports while also maintaining open communication channels with all project and corporate stakeholders.
- Lead technical expertise in support of pipeline hydraulic models and calculations to support throughput capacity to estimate line sizes, meter requirements and compressor sizes as required.
- Evaluate project alternatives to enhance business opportunities and economic feasibility inclusive of project scope development.
The successful candidate will possess the following experiences and qualifications:
- 10+ years of progressively senior experience in pipeline capital projects and domain expertise in the construction and installation of natural gas pipelines and facilities. Experience in non-regulated (intrastate) gas pipelines preferred.
- Broad based project execution experience in either owner/operator organizations or EPC contractors. Must possess a thorough understanding of the life cycle of EPC execution and management. Leverage contractors, vendors and consultants for schedule and cost efficiency.
- Knowledge of the midstream and/or natural gas utilities sectors in the United States a plus.
- In-depth understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria as well as an excellent understanding of risk assessment, safety, environmental permitting, cost management and forecasting, and scheduling of large capital projects.
- Demonstrated strong customer orientation with an ability to ensure the highest project performance.
- Solid understanding and experience of contract terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, initiate, lead, and manage change collaboratively, catalyzing teams to achieve results.
- Well-developed organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. Fluent in Microsoft Office suite of applications. Experience with Monte Carlo Risk programs and processes a plus.
- Issue clear, concise, accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required by management and if necessary, related parties including Macquarie, investors, and partners.
- Thorough understanding of cost and schedule reporting, procurement tracking and expediting, contracts, commissioning and start-up and project documentation / job books.
- PMP certification preferred; PE License a plus, but not required.
- An undergraduate (Bachelor level) degree from an accredited institution in Engineering is required. Degrees in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical preferred. Other technical or industry-related degrees including Project and Construction Management degrees considered with appropriate level of direct industry experience.
- Proven leadership skills managing internal and external team members and contractors.
- Accustomed to and capable of working in field environments.
- Travel required and as necessary.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects at various stages of the project life cycle.
Direct Hire - Permanent