Planning and Scheduling Advisor
The Manufacturing Cost Engineering and Project Services team provides services to its portfolio of small and medium-sized capital projects. This is an advisor role responsible for providing planning and scheduling support and guidance to capital projects executed in the El Segundo refinery, ensuring the development of competitive, predictable, and realistic schedules, management of schedules, as well as helping develop and implement improvement initiatives and practices in Planning & Scheduling.
- Building Level 1-3 schedules, maintaining the Integrated Schedule.
- Schedule Assurance Reviews fvor Level 1-4 schedules.
- Conduct Risk Analysis utilizing the URisk tool for Capital Projects.
- Validates resource loading for Engineering and Construction activities.
- Provides Capital Projects resource data to Construction Services Group for Long Range Planning.
- Integrate Estimate information with Schedule (e.g., resource loading) to support investment decisions, reporting, benchmarking, and lookback activities.
- Validates engineering and construction contractors' schedules to ensure compliance with expectations and advises the project team on best practices related to network scheduling, what-if analysis, and critical path management.
- Facilitates integrated planning meetings with construction and procurement with a focus on solving issues and identifying areas and opportunities for schedule improvement.
- Supports Org capability development and training.
- The role requires working closely with Engineering and Construction contractors and project teams.
- Proficient in Primavera
- Require Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in schedule and cost risk management
- Require oil and gas industry experience.
- Require project experience.
- EcoSys database experience
- IPA or any industry benchmarking experience
- Schedule assurance/validation experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 7-10 years of related experience required (construction management/engineering experience preferred)