NSB Omega's Client requires the services of one individual to join its engineering and project management team to support the execution of plant maintenance activities.
The incumbent will support various groups, including Work Execution, HSE, Planning and Plant Team in the following Maintenance Season Activities:
- Develop Risk Matrices, Coordination Meetings, Weekly Updates to Upper Management.
- Integrate Service Contracts into Annual Work Plan.
- Review Outage Schedules, Internal and External Restrictions and Ensure Plans Align.
- Look for Gaps in All Aspects of the Work & Planning, Schedule & Lead Meetings to Define Gaps and Action Plans to Ensure High Success of Program.
- Review Budgets and Look for Risks within.
- Work with Planning and Scheduling to Logically Sequence Tasks and Determine Restrictions Within Schedules.
- Develop, Review, Evaluate and Award Service Contracts and Work Packs within Service Contracts.
- Review Consumables, Materials and Tools Required for Work. Assist with Procurement
- Help Define Process & Procedures, Roles & Responsibilities for New Programs.
- Responsible for the day-to-day technical aspects of multi-disciplinary projects to ensure the safe, timely, cost-effective and high quality execution of project plans; while minimizing exposure and risk on projects.
- Refine project scopes, develop materials list, and identify long lead items. Create risk matrices, tender documents, scope documents and contracts. Create and execute the project work plans as well as any revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Coordinate the detailed design from field investigation through to completion of technical specifications and drawings.
- Monitor progress, inspect material during manufacture. Review test reports to ensure compliance with schedules, technical and commercial considerations.
- Created several tracking systems and documents to help monitor progress, keep work on budget and schedule.
- Provide engineering and technical services to the Operations Section by investing equipment failures or malfunctions and recommending solutions for the same.
- Review shop drawings, field erection procedures, assembly drawings and procedures.
- Engineering Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 5 years or more experience in Project Management;
- Experience managing maintenance activities;
- Experience working in a hydro electric plant;
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment; and
- A valid driver’s license will be required as there will be some travel involved.
St. John's, NL with Periodic travel required.
35 hours a week
Apply for this position
St. John's, NL
A Utilities Company