- Prepare and or validate project cost estimates at the various stages of the project,
- Facilitate quantitative risk assessments for cost and schedule and will actively be involved in project execution reviews.
- Align the development and review of Capital Cost Estimates with Company requirements.
- Follow procedures and instructions for preparation and maintenance of project estimates, plans and schedules.
- Develop and implement new tools that improve the cost estimating process.
- Participate in evaluation of contractor(s) estimating capabilities.
- Participate in Contractor’s cost estimate kick-off meetings to establish required deliverables, including formats and cost estimate review schedules.
- Maintain active engagement with Business Unit estimators during the project approval process and provide support during execution reviews and/or requests for supplemental funding.
- Work with Planning/Scheduling and Cost Control in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Monitor and review the cost estimate preparation process to ensure that proper methodology is be used.
- Ensure appropriate alignment between cost estimates, project schedules, execution strategies and contracting strategies.
- Facilitate Quantitative Risk Assessments to support the calculation of cost and schedule contingency.
- Estimate escalation cost based on Procurement guidelines and project schedules.
- Provide input to Contract Strategies
- Facilitate the re-compilation of approved cost estimates to align with project WBSs and Contracting Strategies
- Assist in the calculation of costs associated with change orders and/or trends.
- Ensure the integrity of and input data to the cost and quantity corporate database.
- Participate in Integrated Reviews during the project stage gate approval process.
- Track the success of all estimates and schedules for budget versus completion accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction Management preferred.
- Minimum 3 years cost estimating or related experience of large projects or multiple small projects in the industry in assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity and scope.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft programs)
- Domestically and internationally mobile for business travel
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of Project Controls, Cost Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, and general project execution.
- Demonstrable ability to develop clear, concise reports and presentations to management.
- Proficient in use of cost estimate software. (AspenTech Capital Cost Estimator; Oil and Gas Manager, Que$tor, etc.)
- Experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry projects
Apply for this position
Midstream Oil and Gas Operator
15 Mar 2023