Night Drilling Supervisor
- Focused on performance and constantly striving to achieve top quartile results.
- Makes informed decisions based on thorough analysis and risk assessment along with the SDSV.
- Strong aptitude for mathematics and problem solving.
- Ability to devise and execute complex plans.
- Highly organized with good data management skills.
- Good communicator who can communicate with clarity and confidence.
- Must show a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Must lead by example in terms of behaviors.
- Must behave in a professional manner at all times in order to uphold the reputation of the company.
- Seek experienced and expertise from the Senior Drilling Supervisor when dealing with situations out of his expertise.
- Support and promote the company’s policies, business philosophy, objectives, and values.
- Exhibit strong teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarization with clients´s “One Way” culture, communication protocol and InWell center.
- Familiarization with Repsol´s Global Norms, Procedures and Guidelines – e.g. Actions in the Event of Stuck Pipe.
- Coordinate activities with third party supervisory personnel offshore in conjunction with the SDSV
- Highly focused on HSE and Process Safety at all times. Must show strong HSE leadership throughout the project life cycle.
- Contribute ensuring compliance with both regulations and company procedures and handle non-conformities as required.
- Identify risks to people and the environment and mitigate them so they are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Proactively identify ways to continuously improve HSE performance.
- Stop any job that may harm people or the environment and,
- Transfer experiences, good and bad, which could lead to continuous improvements of HSE performance.
- Immediately report any unsafe condition or activity, dangerous occurrences or incidents/accidents in the workplace
General Attributes Mission
- NDSV will report directly to the Senior Drilling Supervisor during both pre-spud and execution phases.
- NDSV will be responsible for supervising the clients rig site operations and third party supervisory team to ensure operations are performed in accordance with operational requirements, guidelines, and programs, and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Keeps the SDSV and Offshore Installation Manager informed about issues relating to HSE, Work Management, Simultaneous Operations and significant technical well abnormalities.
- Act as clients representative in night-shift during critical rig re-activation / mobilization phases. Jointly responsible for ensuring that the drilling unit is fit-for-purpose and arrives at the well location “ready-to-drill.”
- Ensure Repsol general operating procedure is understood (ITDs/POAs generation, Inwell center engagement, standards compliance, etc).
- Responsible for ensuring that the daily operations report pre-spud phase using OpenWells (clients´s reporting system) is prepared and issued in time.
- Actively participate in independent 3rd party rig condition survey, inspections and audits.
- Review the Well Construction Program / Drilling & Completion Programs.
- Review the Well Control Bridging Document.
- Review the Well Containment Plan, Blow Out Contingency Plan and Relief Well Plan.
- Ensure all relevant lessons learned from previous projects have been reviewed and any necessary action taken to prevent re-occurrence on the clients operation.
- Review of all HSE and Logistics documentation to ensure a complete understanding (e.g. Emergency Response Plan, Oil Spill Response Plan, HSE Bridging Document, MEDEVAC Plan, Helicopter Boarding Procedure, Logistics Plan, HAZID, HAZOP, Bow Tie etc).
- Review the Well Risk Register and ensure that all the actions assigned to the onsite/offshore team are implemented.
- Review the Well Time Estimate and ensure “DSV estimated time” is included in Lookahead.
- Actively participate in main onshore DWOP.
- Responsible for delivering the offshore pre-spud and mini-DWOP meetings to ensure rig crew (of night shift) have a complete understanding of the planned operations.
- In-detail review of the well Master Equipment List (MEL). Provide feedback / recommendations.
- Perform review of the rig move preparations and related procedures, issued by the Rig Contractor
- Act as the clients Night Drilling Supervisor for operations at the well site, with work schedule mainly in night-shift and ensure all operations are executed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner while complying with the drilling program, company policy and local regulations. This should be achieved through active management of drilling contractor, clients operational personnel and service provider personnel offshore.
- Support SDSV during any incident occurred on the rig.
- BSc or MSc from petroleum related study
- Good knowledge and understanding of NORSOK D-010
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language is essential.
- Minimum 5 years of relative industry experience (i.e. Senior Rig Contractor position, Senior Tool Pusher, DSL, Drilling Engineer, Drilling Supervisor, Drilling Engineer or Drilling Superintendent).
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of experience working as offshore supervisor.
- Experience working with Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU’s), particularly Jackups.
- Knowledge and previous experience with the REPSOL Well Construction Process advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of Well Testing operations is advantageous
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Teams).
- Basic understanding of clients´s reporting system (Landmark OpenWells, Spotfire and Pronova).
- Valid Well Control certification (IWCF Level 4 Combined Surface and Subsea BOP Stack or IADC WellSHARP Supervisor Level).
- Valid Offshore Survival certificatio
- Valid Medical certifications
Duration ASAP - 7 months contract
Apply for this position
Kari Marie Usken+4795902290
One of our clients
14 Mar 2023