Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist
The Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist reports to the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager and will provide for the effective execution of procurement and subcontracting activities such as:
- Assist with the preparation of the Project Procurement and Subcontracts Plan.
- Assist with the setup of the project procurement and subcontract processes, procedures, templates, systems and reporting.
- Conduct procurement & subcontract activities aligned with budget, schedule, quality, cost, etc.
- Coordinates with internal project stakeholders to ensure the timely review and approval of all procurement and subcontract documentation, purchase orders and agreements.
- Execute Company procurement and subcontract activities.
- Ensure goods and services are contracted at competitive prices, while maintaining quality standards and schedules.
- Review RFP, bid recommendations and POs including terms and conditions, cost, schedule, inspection, expediting, buy downs, etc. to meet project requirements.
- Review subcontract RFQ, proposals, bid recommendations and service agreements including terms and conditions, cost, schedule and other contractual matters to meet project requirements.
- Ensure effective communication of project procurement and subcontract activities to the project team (purchasing, logistics, quality control surveillance, supplier quality, trade compliance, expediting, etc.).
- Maintain project budget information for procurement and subcontracting activities and reports same to management.
- Efficiently monitor, report and present key project performance indicators and procurement statistics to PMT Leadership; highlight any supplier and procurement activities that impact the project including both opportunities and/or potential risks.
- Evaluate and advises the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager regarding any procurement change orders and claims.
- Lead Company reviews and approvals of RFPs, commercial bid tabulations, purchase recommendations and purchase orders ensuring compliance with the project procurement plan, budget, schedule and cost.
- Identify, resolve and mitigate any issues relating to contractors and suppliers performance while ensuring a positive working relationships.
- Ensure that all supply chain activities within the area of responsibility are carried out in accordance to RGE Core Values, the Ethics Policy, and the Supply Chain Code of Conduct
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited university.
- Legally authorized to work in USA - position is based in Houston, TX.
- 15 + years’ procurement/subcontracting experience in major capital projects in the petroleum industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience representing the operating company
- Prior LNG experience highly desired.
- Strong competence across multiple Supply Chain Management functional areas (procurement, contracting, logistics, warehousing, etc.).
- Experienced in negotiating contracts, subcontracts, and pricing agreements.
- Experienced in issuing correspondence, assessing changes and claims, analysis of progress and processing of invoices.
- Experienced in full cycle contracting and procurement - tendering, tender evaluation, clarification, negotiation, formation and execution through to completion and close out.
- Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities within tight time frames.
- Willing to see the project through long term.
- Will be hired for the Contractors office located in the Energy Corridor of West Houston, TX, for the EPC phase of the project.
- A valid driver’s license and passport as may be required visits to vendors’ works.
Apply for this position
02 Mar 2023