Safety Coach Drilling
Responsible for stimulating continuous improved safety performance and reminding all personnel of Safe work routines onboard. Promoting HSE culture onboard the rig.
The Safety Coach`s responsibilities and duties are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following;
- Be familiar with the Safety Management system implemented offshore; procedures, work instructions, manuals etc.
- Reports to client QHSE Dept. onshore professionally, and offshore company representative
- Particiapte in SJAs, toolbox talks, work permits and daily meetings
- Act as a coach to ensure compliance to of drilling contractor’s Safety Management System and full compliance with Norwegian health, safety & environment requirements
- Assess any need of further safety related training for the crew and actively perform training required to maintain a good safety level onboard.
- Ensure execution of offshore verification plan to ensure the operators “See to duty” responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all established HSE reporting procedures and routines
- Perform timely and correct HSE reporting to both onshore and offshore organization
- Actively promote Safety Campaigns, for example Potential Dropped Objects, Housekeeping, External Environment campaigns, Waste handling, etc.
- Follow-up and support implementation of the yearly “HSE Program” for the rig
- Facilitate and participate in working environment mappings carried out onboard
- Ensure procedure for reporting and follow-up of accidents, near-misses and hazardous conditions is followed, including reporting in Synergi.
- Actively participate to Investigations of Undesirable Events and ensure that a good quality report is issued on behalf of operator.
- Actively participate to inspections (internal/external) related to Safety, Emergency Preparedness and Working Environment
- Ensure drilling contractors procedure for Obtaining Work Permit is followed. Perform regular spot checks on work requiring work permit.
- Ensure procedure for SJA’s is followed. Encourage use of Risk Assessment and participate to SJA’s as far as possible.
- Ensure that all accidents, near-miss accidents and Non-Conformances within his/hers area of responsibility are reported in accordance with the established procedures and corrective actions are taken.
- Bachelorgrad eller Cand. Mag (180-240 studiepoeng) i Reservoir & Petroleum Engineering
- 6-9-years experience
Duration 01.04.2023 - 31.12.2024
Location Offshore - West Phoenix
Apply for this position
Offshore - West Phoenix
One of our Clients
27 Feb 2023