Project Controls Cost Lead
The Project Controls Lead reports to the Project Controls Manager Cost and is responsible for completion of tasks associated with the Cost Control, tracking, reporting, monitoring and self-performance of project controls activities assuring that the overall tracking of the project in accordance with the Albemarle and project goals.
- Ensure adherence to Albemarle’s safety culture and Core Values.
- Liaise with project resources through the study cycle, coordination and administration of project controls deliverables, utilizing the Albemarle standards specific to the phase of the project.
- Assist in the completion of regular performance reviews and assessments to track progress to plan and provide accurate progress updates to Albemarle Management, specifically earned value of work completed and forecasted, forecasted future financial outflows for financial year planning.
- Aid generation of regular (monthly, quarterly, yearly) progress reports and portfolio updates as may be required by the Capital Projects group.
- Key areas of focus for the Cost Lead include:
- Provides cost expertise and coordinates resources deployed on a delivery team for the development of related deliverables.
- Provides implementation contractors with requirements for format, timing, and content of cost reporting.
- Ensure that reporting (both directly & indirectly managed) meet the Capital Projects standards
- Provides focal point for addressing project issues escalating when needed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the development of a cost forecast covering agreed scope, incorporating activities to project completion, including owner’s and contractors rolled up activities for a project scope of work.
- Manages data and monitors implementation contractors cost function, ensuring that schedule data is coordinated, checked and incorporated into project reporting in a timely manner.
- Responsible to produce the overall Project cost reporting inclusive of budgets, actuals, commitments, accruals, trends, variances and final forecasts assessment on all Project cost activities.
- Prepare cost and schedule inputs to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and overall Albemarle budgeting and reporting processes.
- Interfaces with the Albemarle Finance, Accounting and Supply Chain Management teams on all project matters associated with cost engineering activities, invoice processing and commitment management & forecasting.
- Works with Contractor personnel on cost engineering, reporting and invoicing activities per agreed contract terms and scope of work.
Ten or more years of progressive experience in varying cost engineering & planning capacities on large capital projects ($150M+).
- Extensive experience in all aspects of cost engineering during detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of a large capital project.
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of SAP including project costing modules.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to understand technical information and communicate progress to both technical and management level personnel.
- Exceptional reporting and presentation skills with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with project teams to influence and achieve desired results.
- Proficiency in project controls tools and work processes: Earned Value, MS Office (spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, graphics) and typical project controls tools and systems such as Power BI, SAP, Excel, Primavera (P6), Cleopatra (or like estimating and cost management software), Milestone Pro, project reporting dashboard, etc
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical field.
16 Feb 2023