Information Systems Administrator
The IT Technician is responsible for the daily coordination and implementation of IT tasks to support the wider Kemerton team. The IT Technician is the first point of contact for all things IT in a continually growing and evolving site, requiring both a technical and customer service-based approach.
- Troubleshoot and maintain IT infrastructure including but not limited to; end user workstations, network switches, servers, and where applicable routers/firewalls.
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard operating procedures and general site documentation.
- Maintain IT asset database.
- Install hardware (servers, networking, laptops etc.) and software as required.
- Monitor and maintain network hardware and software for optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot system and application problems.
- Interact with other departments on ICT implementations.
- Security focused – assist with the deployment of any patches, hotfixes on the local infrastructure as prescribed by the Global Infrastructure group.
- New staff inductions and onboarding activities.
- Workstation Imaging, data transfer and deployment.
- Printer and MFD (multi-functional device) support to include basic troubleshooting and queue management.
- Basic PBX support to include troubleshooting, adds, moves, and changes.
- Provide support for video conferencing and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams.
- Be aware of and stay current with leading practices for IT through research, networking, prototyping and education
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Refined organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively within a team environment.
- Customer service focus and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Windows server and workstation environments.
- Experience with Virtualisation technologies (VMWare or similar) advantageous.
- Experience with Networking Technologies (Cisco, Meraki or similar) advantageous.
- Experience with Enterprise Software Systems (ServiceNow, Microsoft Teams) advantageous.
- Experience with Collaboration Hardware and Software Systems (Crestron, Poly) advantageous.
- Familiarity with OT/PCS systems (PLC hardware) advantageous but not essential
Tertiary Qualification in IT highly regarded.
Industry Certifications (VMWare, Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, Comptia) highly regarded.
Apply for this position
16 Feb 2023