Director of Cost
The Director of Cost is a strategic position that will report directly to the Vice President, Project Controls. The successful candidate will have accountability for the transformation of the Project Controls Cost function, ensuring that best-in-class approaches are applied to the project controls challenges and opportunities that lie ahead of us. The successful candidate will be capable of 1) Assessment of the current project controls cost footprint, processes, and performance, 2) Development and standardization of a sustainably consistent approach to our work practices, tools, skills development, and talent management, 3) Implementation of these project controls processes, ensuring fit-for-purpose usage across the spectrum of complex mega-projects to standard sustaining projects. This role offers leadership of strategic initiatives, global scale influence, and executive visibility across the portfolio.
- Ensure adherence to safety culture and Core Values.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and change management and forecasts. Includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, risk and contingency analysis.
- Accountable for all cost data developed within the Capital Projects portfolio.
- Accountable for the development and improvement of project controls systems. Leads improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management and delivers results.
- Advanced knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of projects.
- Establishes and owns the project work breakdown structure in line with industry best practices to ensure consistent data capture and return.
- Evaluate all mega-project contracts and commercial terms to ensure that project controls process of our partners is aligned to address the specific needs.
- Drive interdisciplinary coordination with engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning to ensure accurate cost management and reporting.
- Lead communications with subcontractors or joint venture partners for coordination on cost data integration and reporting.
- Must be able to articulate and summarize information and results to executive management.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the project controls staff, assisting with development plans and performance evaluations.
- Right sizing of team – identify opportunities to challenge individuals for their own career growth.
- Accountable for the cost related activities associated with the company's process.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 20 years of experience in the business consulting, engineering, or construction industry.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation communications skills.
- Ability to drive transformation across a functional group.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive.
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities and experience speaking in public, to groups or via electronic media.
- Ability to think strategically while identifying problems and developing creative solutions.
- Ability to summarize information and communicate results to executive management.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate across matrix organizations.
- Experience working in a global setting.
- Candidates must also be able and willing to travel for business needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction, or related field preferred.
· Master’s degree a plus
14 Feb 2023