Capital Project Management - Project Planner IV
Capital Projects Program Planner is responsible for planning and coordinating work on well facilities, pipelines, and infrastructure projects. This position will report to the Capital Projects Services Supervisor and will be part of the Capital Projects team. The program planner will maintain the schedule for multiple projects and ensure that the individual project schedules integrate into a consolidated overview schedule.
Responsibilities may include.
- Develops and administers the scheduling database for the Projects Team including defining accesses, calendars, coding, resources, and backups.
- Identifies all activities planned for the next 18 months based on the Integrated Execution Team Schedule, the list of projects/AFEs and the standard activity breakdown for each type of AFE.
- Maintains and issues Major Projects Integrated Schedule biweekly.
- Works with project engineers to maintain project schedules with horizons ranging from two weeks to 18 months. Statuses past and current activities by collecting actual information from construction, procurement, engineering, and other stakeholders.
- Prepares all the planning deliverables required by project engineers for monthly coordination meetings between engineering, supply chain, construction, and cost analyst.
- Generates schedule extracts (by discipline, owner, geography, project type etc.), lists of projects and/or activities, resource usage histograms, activities variance analysis, planning KPIs, critical activities reports and all baseline, actual and forecast dataset.
- Produces what-if scenarios.
- Prepares baselines, forecasts, and actual datasets to support cost forecasts and cost phasing.
- Actively engage project stakeholders to ensure alignment with business and project objectives.
- Communicate project status, variances and changing risks to team members and stakeholders.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and implements integrated planning process continuous improvement opportunities.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- 5+ years of project planning and scheduling with Primavera Enterprise Environment experience
- 5+ years of oil and gas experience, oil field facilities and infrastructure projects
- Proficient Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Current hands-on use of Primavera’ s P6 and P6 Administration experience.
- Experience in development and execution of multiple projects program.
- Ability to prepare and integrate schedules within a multiple project environment.
- Ability to interpret and analyze project schedules, assess logic, provide forecasts, and advise recovery plans.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment.
- Ability to recognize and administrate Project Schedule needs within resource planning, progress measurement, and change management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Travel up to 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering, Accounting or Finance, etc. Equivalent project planning and scheduling experience taken into consideration.
- Knowledge of Project Controls, Cost Engineering, Estimating, Risk Analysis, Spend Forecasting (Work in Progress/Earned Value), Accruals and General Accounting.
- Advanced planning experience using Primavera P6
- Working knowledge of PIMS software
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze project schedules to prepare cost forecasts.
- Ability to develop reports and presentations, and to present to management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to delivering results while maintaining a safe environment.
- Develops realistic plans needed to accomplish objectives and team goals.
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to meet deadlines.
Apply for this position
A Major Operator
06 Feb 2023