Project Controls Manager
The Facilities Project Controls Manager working with the Project Services Manager will be accountable for establishing and maintaining the cost and schedule plans for executing the Facilities project and for continuously reporting status and forecasting at completion results.
In Order to provide accurate accounting, recording and reporting of the Facilities Project status the Project Controls Manager conducts the project scheduling, budgeting, progress measurement, estimating, risk management, forecasting, record keeping, reporting, auditing, project data management and administrative services.
The Facilities Project Controls Manager working with the Project Services Manager ensures due diligence in all Project phases, such that the project is fully scoped, planned, estimated, risked and corporately approved; all stakeholders are aligned with the Project Execution Plan; and key Project Management Team (PMT) members are aligned with the scope and expectations leading to successful project delivery.
The Facilities Project Controls Manager manages the Facilities Project Controls Team and ensures that all cost and schedule interfaces together with related engineering, procurement, construction and commercial work fronts are incorporated into the control documents. During the Project Execution phase, the Project Controls Manager then manages the project Cost, Schedule, Progress Measurement and Risk against a series of control documents.
- Managing an organization of experienced project controls personnel mentoring and developing people with a balance of contractor resources
- Providing oversight of the Contractors project controls teams in support of the Facilities project management team
- Establishing and maintaining an integrated project cost and schedule system
- Status reporting of all Willow Facilities engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning/startup activities
- Providing an early warning process by variance and trend analysis
- Recommending viable recovery or work around plans
- Identifying and planning all activities within the Facilities scope.
- Developing project control / services execution strategies.
- Managing cost engineering activities including development and implementation of cost control systems, invoice processing activities, monthly cost reporting, trending, forecast at completion [FAC] Analysis, cost variance analysis, funding budgets and cash flows
- Managing cost estimating/forecasting activities including periodic project re-estimates and cost benchmark metrics
- Preparing procedures for various project control activities including budget preparation, forecasts and related cost engineering, planning/scheduling functions and reporting project performance against benchmarks
- Managing Facilities Planner/Scheduler activities assuring seamless Interfaces and coordination with the Contractor Planning and Scheduling Specialists to ensure that data is incorporated into the integrated project schedule
- Managing Progress Measurement and Earned Value activities assuring Facilities physical progress is properly reported, analyzed, forecasted and validated
- Assisting Program Planner/Scheduler in facilitating risk mitigation and contingency planning process
- Evaluating technical change orders for cost & schedule impact and coordinates specialist discipline review
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering or related field, or foreign equivalent
- 10+ years' experience on major capital projects in Oil & Gas, Refinery or Petrochemical environments in assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity and scale
- Advanced technical proficiency in the field of Project Controls with an expertise in Planning & Scheduling, Cost Engineering, Forecasting (Work In Progress/Earned Value), Risk Management, Accruals and General Accounting
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to relocate to Anchorage, Alaska with tentative date of 2027
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 25% of the time
- 15+ years of experience on large (mega) project fabrication, procurement, logistics & construction
- Proven management and staff leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of proprietary computer software systems used for project management, tracking, controlling and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals