• Perform material selection and corrosion evaluation for Topside projects and ensure timely delivery and execution.
• Prepare Material Selection report, Surface Protection report and Insulation report.
• Prepare other project specific material reports like Erosion report, CP design reports etc.
• Review fabrication procedures, inspection procedures, paint & coating procedures, welding and NDE procedures.
• Follow up vendors of procurement packages.
• Participate in supplier visits to ensure material quality and adherence to requirements.
• Provide general support on material, NDT, welding insulation and coating/painting.
• Communicate with clients and vendors on material, welding, NDT and coating related issues.
• Evaluate material deviations from current regulations, procedures, requirements etc. and defining relevant recovery actions related to any deviations.
• Subject responsibility for material related TQ’s and NCR’s.
• Establish technical requisition and MTO for coating package.
• Review material related as built documentation.
• Guidance and evaluation of material and corrosion related failure mechanisms.
• Perform offshore surveys.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering or similar discipline.
• Qualifications in Painting, NDT and Welding preferred.
• Preferably 5 to 10 years of experience from offshore related industry.
• Knowledge in relevant standards such as NACE, ISO, API, ASTM, ASME and NORSOK standards.
• Experience and understanding of multi-discipline tasks, encompassing a range of disciplines, e.g. process, safety, mechanical, piping, structural and instrument disciplines.
• Experience in QA/QC of fabrications, including welding, Painting and NDT technique.
• Experience with Piping Materials such as LCS, SS, DSS, SDSS and Titanium.
• Have technical knowledge to piping and equipment insulation. Be able to review sub-contractors Welding, NDE, Painting and insulations procedure specification (IPS) and ensure adherence to company requirements.
Duration ASAP - 31.12.2024