Project/Construction Manager/Engineer is responsible for management, coordination, construction, and accountable for assigned projects. This position will be located at the site facility and will be part of the Engineering team. This is a remote site with services over 50 miles away.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop project plans, manage issues and risks, drive issue resolution, direct resources to accomplish project tasks, and maintain control over projects
- Work with cross functional team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders; including meetings, setting of priorities, evaluating comments/requests and ensuring stakeholder’s approval.
- Create detailed work breakdown structures for successful implementation strategies
- Track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendor resources and vendor management
- Communicate status of projects, including project risks, to stakeholders
- Maintain quality and timeliness of safety activities and deliverables throughout the project delivery process.
- Coordinate resource requirements with other ongoing project work and ensure all stakeholder expectations are aligned.
- Lead project team in generation and review of technical documents.
- Candidate will possess at a minimum a bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent job experience in lieu of formal degree
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of Civil/Mining background with at least 5 years of project management experience (Waterfall/FEED/FEL Project Cycle preferred)
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies.
- Experience leveraging outside services in completion of engineering, procurement, and construction services to complete projects either as a whole or in pieces.
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents.
- Ability to supervise multi-disciplined teams.
- Thorough knowledge of project controls and cost forecasting.
- Ability to prepare and analyze critical path schedules.
- Thorough understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement.
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure.
- Preparing or coordinating the preparation of construction bid packages, evaluating bid proposals and selection of contractors.
- Construction package design, including equipment location plans, plot plans, piping design and equipment design.
- Ensure engineering designs comply with best practice/Albemarle standards and codes.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of ASME and other applicable codes, piping stress design, equipment layout, structural and machine design improvements.
- Proficient user of Microsoft suite
- Experience with SAP project module and other basic SAP transactions