Client is looking for detail-oriented Chemical engineers with creative problem-solving skills who are driven to design, test and optimize processes with all the details that go into them like equipment, controls, operating manuals, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development and simulations of separations processes
- PFD development with material and energy balances
- P&ID development.
- Equipment design and specification of process vessels, decanters, pumps, compressors and mass transfer equipment including fractionation towers/internals.
- Specification and selection of instrumentation and controls, preparation of utility balances, energy conservation schemes, hydraulic calculations and line-sizing piping specifications.
- Definition of PLC Controls logic and automated sequencing.
- Validation and equipment inspection
- Flow sheet development.
- Prepare operating manuals.
- Project support, including module process checkouts.
- Start-up assistance and client operator training.
- Trouble-shooting and evaluation of existing systems
- Lab/pilot testing
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in chemical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years to a maximum of ten years of related work experience.
- Process simulation modeling skills required. Prior knowledge of Aspen, Hysis or Pro II is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must possess creative problem-solving skills, strong critical thinking skills and a high attention to detail.
- Professional Engineering license is a plus.
Long Term Contract