This position is open to local residents of Newfoundland & Labrador. The ideal candidate will provide Protection and Controls expertise.
The duties and job functions of the Protection and Controls Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Comply with all specific health and safety procedures.
• Comply with project and contractors safe work practices for energization activities.
• Participate in site safety meetings.
• Review test reports, procedures and results.
• Work closely with all site engineering disciplines to fully understand each process regarding controllability, reliability, and safety.
• Coordinate System Integration Testing (SIT) activities.
• Witness testing of the protective functions of protective relaying systems.
• Review application of settings to protective relaying systems (does not include generating the settings or logic).
• Responsible for preparing all P&C document deliverables.
• Graduation from a recognized university with an Engineering Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Possess an excellent and demonstrated safety and environmental record.
• Minimum 5 Years experience
• Knowledge and experience in performing end-to-end testing of transmission line relaying.
• Demonstrated Protection, Controls and Automation Experience (Installation, Integration, Commissioning, Service).
St. John's, NL
A Utilities Company
17 aug 2020