1. Utilizes Project Team Schedule (Phase IV, Level III), manage and update the project schedule daily. Scheduled should be of consistent high quality with predictable outcomes that meet business objectives and comply with Guardian Industries’ standards and requirements. Software is most current version of Microsoft Project and compatible with Guardian Industries latest developed project schedule.
2. Integrates all schedules into master CTR schedule (include maintenance schedule milestones in master CTR schedule).
3. Reviews CTR work execution estimates for accuracy against work instructions.
4. Attends daily project coordination meetings (prior to morning work shift).
5. Updates schedules during CTR execution. Solicits and manages schedule updates from area leads (Project Engineers) are expected 3 times per week; details incorporated as needed to provide accurate visibility to progress and issues.
6. Develops schedule reports and proactively analyzes schedules for change in scope. Works with plant area / discipline leads as well as Project Engineers to resolve resource issues, scope changes and emergent issues.
7. Manages planning and reporting to desired standards and level of detail for all project contractors and vendors, which includes:
a. Posting of current schedule to Guardian Industries EngEx Share Point site, as needed during project execution; at minimum, three (3) times per week. This will include both the native file (MS Project) and PDF (Adobe Acrobat) versions of current schedules.
b. Look-ahead summaries including next shift and weekly tasks.
c. Project “S Curve” development and monitoring.
d. Document and archive relevant files as needed and dictated through project leadership.
8. Applies the accepted industry “best practices” as they apply to “CTR” Projects, provide oversight and reviews with rigor to reinforce quality at all milestones to ensure optimum readiness for pre-CTR activities, execution and close-out.
9. Reports to CTR Team, including Guardian Industries EngEx Project Manager, Plant Manager and Plant Engineering Manager. Exact reporting structure and protocol to be discussed and formalized prior to CTR start date.
10. Project analysis data will require up to date and accurate project updates; posted schedules will be used to perform Earned Value Analysis, including but not limited to Earned Value (EV), Schedule Variance (SV), Cost Variance (CV), and Cost Performance Index (CPI). Guardian Industries EngEx leadership facilitate this effort with required input from Project CTR Scheduler.
11. Collect Lessons Learned on schedule / Participate to Lessons Learned review. Availability requested subsequent to demobilization.
1. B.S. Engineering (or technical degree) from an accredited institution (qualifications can vary based upon global location).
2. 5 or more years of heavy industrial experience in the role of Turnaround or Outage Scheduler (glass industry preferred).
3. 5 to 10 years of heavy industrial experience working directly with engineers, craftsmen, operations and contractors (glass industry preferred but not required).
4. Demonstrate familiarity within the glass industry, expectations, work environment, corporate standards and best practices.
5. Proficient oral, presentation and written communication skills.
6. Promotes and champions safety policies and procedures, occupational health / safety and environmental standards, as they apply in the USA and abroad (as examples, OSHA and EPA). Preferred direct knowledge and experience working on capital projects abroad but not necessary.
1. Working knowledge of Guardian Industries’ project development, planning and execution processes and scheduling best practices.
2. Working knowledge of the MS Project.
3. Working knowledge of Share Point and other web-based document control systems.
4. Working knowledge of the Guardian Industries CTR planning and execution process.
5. Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Oroshaza, Hungary (on-site)
13 feb 2020