Telecom Senior Site Engineer
Omega 365 Consulting is a leading supplier of highly skilled project personnel in the oil and gas, renewable energy, and infrastructure sectors. We offer a wide range of consultant assignments, featuring many of the most exciting projects in Norway and internationally.
Duration: 04.03.2024 - 17.11.2026
Location: Oslo / Thailand
Start familiarizing in Oslo
Thailand yard period 01.04.2024 to 01.02.2025
Workload: 100 Work schedule: 5 days a week in Oslo and Thailand Yard follow the local work schedule
We are looking for a skilled engineer to work in a large EPC project. The right candidate will join a major green field project and will have the opportunity to develop his/her skills with respect to design of a HVDC converter station.
- Main tasks will be to act as coordinator between Engineering Asker and fabrication in Thailand
- Telecom and Instrument Engineering support at site
- Handling of technical questions / queries
- Support construction team towards installation team regarding installation of equipment, termination and pulling of cables.
- Participate in meetings between construction and engineering
- Provide engineering with additional documentation as required e.g. photos, descriptions etc.
- Assist the site support team manager in ensuring good communication between the different parties.
Coordination of Telecom and Instrument engineering changes.
- Bachelor degree or Technical College combined with minimum 4 years’ experience in Instrument/automation or telecom engineering on the Norwegian Continental
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from engineering in offshore projects to be located on Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Site Coordination responsibilities from green field projects.
- Experience and deep knowledge of telecom and instrument design, mechanical completion and installation according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ISO, ATEX and IEC.
- Shelf Ex course
- FSE course
- Efficient communicator, who communicate well in English - Both orally and in writing
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- A natural team player, but possess the ability to work independently
- Systematic and accurate, with high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others Able to handle high working load
- Good knowledge of required tools such as PIMS, ProArc etc
Join Omega 365 Consulting for:
- Personalized, hands-on support from our dedicated Omega 365 team members
- Collaboration with one of Norway's most prestigious consultant firms
- Guidance from experienced department managers, facilitating the development of your project expertise
- Internal visa assistance and expert advice for EEA/expat consultants
- Excellent opportunities to expand your professional network through project involvement and social gatherings
- Exclusive benefits including access to holiday houses and cabins in picturesque locations such as Hovden, Hemsedal, Geilo, Hafjell, Oppdal, Voss, Vågsli, Sirdal, Gran Canaria, and Thailand
- Diverse offerings of events including concerts and exciting excursion, both in Norway and abroad. We unveil attractive new trips exclusively for our employees every year.
Explore further at: https://omega365.com/advantage