Effectively support project manager/s during the development, engineering/design and construction execution of a broad range of facility and pipeline projects, including rail, truck terminals, liquid product pipelines, and storage tanks. Review and interpret contract drawings and process drawings.
Essential duties and responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Project Design –Conduct reviews of all design documents to validate designs (dual verification). Complete all plans and specifications as needed to bid projects for construction, in compliance with client and industry codes and standards.
- Project Schedule – Support maintaining project schedules, for both proposal and execution projects. Monitor and track project progress to ensure compliance with the schedule and budget.
- Construction – Support the project manager in the field while construction activities are ongoing. with distributing RFI, collecting meeting notes, documenting all the correspondence and project related files, maintaining the project log and etc. Coordinate with subcontractors and vendors on the submittal and approval of shop drawings. Manage change orders and other modifications to the project scope.
- Quality Assurance & Control – Supporting the project manager with monitoring and managing contractor and vendor construction and fabrication efforts, in accordance with regulatory requirements, industry codes, KM standards, and project design drawings and specifications. Ensure that all required quality documentation is collected and properly stored during course of project. Ensure appropriate QA/QC during design and construction phases. Ensure that all requirements of environmental permits are met during construction and that the project as constructed will fulfill the permit requirements when the assets are placed in-service.
- Project Development – Support the Project Development Group with scope and estimate development, and preparation of project design basis memorandum (DBM). Preparation of staffing and indirect estimate, as well as execution plan. Prepare funding (AFE) request and organize project team, in anticipation of project execution. Assist with the preparation and management of project schedules and budgets.
Travel is required and anticipated as 10 to 30 percent across a broad geographic region.
Undergraduate (Bachelor level) degree, from an accredited institution in Engineering, is required. Preference given to a background in Mechanical, Process, or Electrical disciplines.
Job Requirements (specific experience, skills, knowledge, certifications, licenses, working conditions)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years direct work experience as a project engineer with field experience in terminal and/or midstream construction projects.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office Suite applications.
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including, but not limited to the ability to present ideas, proposals, and results to business segment leaders and to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, including tracking and managing large projects, and see projects to completion while maintaining strict confidentiality (as necessary).
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks successfully and simultaneously, and work with minimal to no direct supervision.
- Must possess general understanding of how corporate policies, procedures, practices, and processes relate to the Terminals, Products Pipelines and Midstream business segments, associated business units, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with a team, take directions from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Ability to identify and establish expectations in an employee/employer relationship (subordinate/manager).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Strong leadership, communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage projects that will include working with individuals with varying disciplines, backgrounds and experience levels.
- Ability to work effectively and independently at remote facilities, or from home, on occasion.
- Effectively prioritize workload between several projects including the ability to take on new projects and shift priorities on short notice.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge (above the min required; not required, but advantage in this position)
- 2 plus years experience managing projects related to storage terminals and pipelines.
- Project estimating experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience extremely helpful.
- Working knowledge of API 650, and API 1104.