Life Safety Systems Engineer
NSB Omega is currently seeking a highly motivated Life Safety-System Engineer to join our team in St. John's, NL.
• Seasoned engineer with design-build experience and have been engaged in life cycle of projects from design development, detail design, technical reporting, construction support, testing and commissioning of fire ventilation design, ventilation control system, and life safety system requirement of underground transit including tunnels and underground stations.
• Perform design calculations and ensures plans are compliant with relevant codes and standards.
• Experienced in code consulting of transit projects with respect to Building & Fire Codes and related standards.
• Experience in developing performance-based strategies and/or code alternates, utilizing fire engineering.
• Prepare technical reports in various phases of engineering, design development, design reports and technical analysis.
• Participate in meetings with different disciplines and the client, Capable of effectively presenting design approaches to code officials.
• Taking project management tasks and responsibilities to track and forecast project performance, deliverables, and schedule.
We will need a PEGNL registered engineer for the FEED work for a hydrogen/ammonia plant.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering.
• 10 + years of experience as building code consultant or in a related field including fire protection design.
• Practical Knowledge of Building and Fire Codes.
• A strong understanding of fire protection engineering principles.
• Knowledge of application of codes and standards for underground systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of common office software.
• Self-motivated and experienced in performing calculations and delivering quality work.
• Demonstrated abilities to work within project timeframes and budget constraints.