Senior Project Engineer
The Project Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and manages small projects within the team. Responsibilities will include preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring the assigned engineering projects. Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
The project engineer should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
This position is based in Quintana, Texas with some travel to off-site locations as required. This position requires the incumbent to hold a valid, unexpired driver license at all times in order to perform the essential functions of the job. Primary Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions Work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Provide excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills across interdisciplinary teams.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor assigned engineering projects.
- Formulate project parameters, assign responsibilities to the most capable employees, and monitor the project team.
- Performs quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reports on the project's status.
- Cooperate and communicate with the project participants.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's profitability.
- Review the engineering tasks and initiate the necessary corrective actions.
- Develop specifications for the project's needed equipment.
- Create frameworks to measure the project's metrics and data collection.
- Ensure the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Operates in a professional office environment within or outside of an industrial plant environment.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers w/scanner and fax, and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to wear all necessary PPE equipment to perform job functions.
- Possible exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Possible exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical circuits.
- Possible exposure to constant, or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. as required in order to lift files, boxes, and office equipment as necessary.
- Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending, standing on a stool, or climbing as necessary to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this role, the incumbent may be required to talk or hear.
- The incumbent is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to drive to other Company work locations as required.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of each office/site location and facilities.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to enter confined spaces.
- May be required to work at elevated heights.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Transportation Worker Identification Card
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the policies, efforts, and programs of the clients Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System. Actively participate in the HSE Management System Policies. Ensure that HSE concerns are given priority in all activities completed within their area of responsibility. Implement routine inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
- 10+ years Experience in a process industry setting.
- Experience with LNG, NGL, cryogenic/natural gas processing, petrochemical, or other hydrocarbon processing facilities.
- Prefer 15+ years in onshore HC processing, with multidiscipline management experience
- Prior experience as a Project Engineer
- Knowledge of Engineering systems, calculations, applications and operations methods and materials, and engineering application of computers.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Thorough knowledge of industrial and regulatory standards and design criteria in the mechanical engineering discipline and other engineering disciplines as required.
- Good analytical problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail