Surface Treatment Field Engineer
• A Surface Treatment Field Engineer is responsible for overseeing construction activities regarding Surface on behalf of Company, starting at the earliest stages of construction at yard.
• Role holder shall monitor all major aspects of the development, report directly to Construction Site lead on any issues that may impact of HSSEQ, schedule, financials, and team members, while making recommendations on problem-solving solutions.
• Role holder is a part of the Project Construction team.
• Demonstrate HSSEQ leadership by being a role model. Promoting HSSEQ principles, mindset, and Company SAFER Values. Active participation to achieve project HSSEQ goal.
• Demonstrate HSSEQ Leadership by emphasizing personal commitment
• Review Client's technical documentation and requirements and ensure an adequate standard
• Monitor the design basis for the Painting, ensure good interface with other disciplines and construction
• Member of AkerBP Site team and contribute to the group as the driving force within your discipline. For day-to-day business report to Construction lead on site.
• Assist the project engineering for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting other department on Painting Systems
• Follow up QA/QC routines and procedures for the Construction/Completion phase and follow up by site inspections including pre-fabrication site and report all non-compliance, comment activities to QA-plan, audit, and verification plan
• Participate in inspection activities according to Inspection and Test plan (ITP) as required
• Ensure good communication between contractor and Company and be the connecting link between Site and company engineering office
• Ensure that operators have adequate skills in respective trades and continuously follow up on quality of installation activities
• Follow up the MC documentation from subcontractors sign out MC certificates and Punch items on behalf of company.
• Follow up site progress and the MC documentation during the installation period and sign out MC certificates and Punch items on behalf of company, monitor and report MC status in PIMS CMS. Ensure completion of MC dossier for handover is issued by contractor in accordance with requirements for commissioning. Sign as verifier on behalf of Company
• Monitor receipt and storage of materials to ensure traceability and that systems and equipment are protected and preserved through fabrication, installation, and hook-up
• Participate in SJA, Risk Assessment, HAZID, HAZOP or other HSSEQ related reviews when required
• Contribute to the Management of Change process and to project risk workshop. Identify and follow up relevant opportunities, risks, and mitigating actions.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar
• FROSIO Lev.3 certified or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in oil & gas Industry, preferable engineering/Operation
• Working praxis abroad on another Yard is preferable.
• Knowledge and practice of applicable standards, design, construction, operation
• Experience with MC/fielding work, PIMS CMS experience
• Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction
• Actively seeks out know how and best practice, related to own area of contribution
• Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur
• Actively promotes open and effective communication
• Strong planning and organizing ability
• Actively promotes a positive team environment, demonstrating shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider project organization
• Looks for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently according to LEAN principles
• Focuses effort and prioritizes work to deliver business value
• Good knowledge of the English and Norwegian languages (both written and verbal)
• SAFER to be part of the daily work.
• Experience, qualifications, and abilities
Duration 01.11.2023 - 31.12.2024
Location Aibel Thailand yard