The Project Planner will provide a complete project planning and scheduling support service to a project (or sub-project) in line with all corporate processes, procedures, templates and tools as described within the Client BMS. The Project Planner reports to the Project Control Lead within the project and will undertake tasks as directed to fulfil both BU and Asset planning requirements – where no Project Control Lead is in place, then they will report to the Project Manager(s) directly. The Project Planner also has a functional reporting line to the PRO Excellence Project Planning Manager who has personnel responsibility for this role.
Responsible for development and management of all planning deliveries to the Project. Provide Schedule Risk modelling support to the Project as required. To ensure the proper application of all Corporate planning function processes and procedures, along with compliance checks of both Internal, Contractor and/or Alliance Partner planning deliverables as appropriate. The Project Planner shall be part of a multidiscipline team, and is expected to actively seek advice and perspectives from colleagues and leaders to develop a robust integrated schedule. He / she is expected to perform supervision, technical reviews as required and make decisions and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain a project specific WBS according to corporate standard WBS methodology for each phase, that properly reflects the project scope, interfaces and execution methodology
- Liaise with Estimating and/or Cost Disciplines in order to ensure proper alignment between Cost/Estimate and Schedule
- Develop project schedules and set performance baselines according to corporate and project requirements
- Build and run schedule risk models and provide schedule risk reports at relevant points in the project or sub-project (at a Decision Gate or as part of a Baseline Schedule Revision exercise for example)
- Provide analysis and review of schedules supplied by contractor companies, internal corporate business units and/or alliance partners as appropriate
- Monitor, control and report project status at regular intervals throughout the project lifecycle
- Highlight potential schedule risks and/or opportunities and recommend mitigating or exploiting actions for each
- Provide input to Finance or Asset as part of the business planning process as required
- Perform schedule close-out activities according to corporate requirements
- Set objectives and goals for his / her area of responsibility in order to contribute to achieving the objectives for the project to which they are assigned
- Any other Planning related activities as prescribed by the Project Manager(s), PCL or PSM
- An engineering qualification to degree level is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 5yrs experience in a similar senior/lead planning position (10yrs if no engineering qualification is possessed)
- Have an in-depth understanding of offshore development project execution methodology and the associated Decision Gate processes
- Be an advanced user of Industry Standard planning and scheduling software (Oracle Primavera, Safran etc)
- Have experience of building and running risk models using Primavera Risk Analysis, Deltek Acumen or Safran Risk
- Experience from Civil projects required.
- Self-starter with a strong delivery focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Should have a strong team ethic
- Be fully open to new ideas and methods of working
- Strong and effective communication skills. Willing to receive/give constructive feedback.
- Flexible and adaptable to handle changing priorities and new tasks
- Open minded team player with ability to influence, share knowledge and interface with a wide range of teams / disciplines / strategic partners
- Driving continuous improvement, using Lean methodology, towards providing a best in class planning service
- Ability to recognize and solve problems, make decisions and drive progress
- Behavior in accordance with Aker BP “SAFER” values
Location Oslo, Bærum