Project Controls Advisor
Executing a Heat Integration and Decarbonization (HIDE) capital project. The project is moving to FID phase gate in August 2023. The estimated total investment is approximately $90-110MM, the target is to complete pre-TAR work by Q3 2024 and TAR in Q4 2024
The Project Controls Advisor is responsible for providing Subject Matter Expertise in project controls dedicated to the project and reports directly to the site Cost Engineering Project Services lead. The individual will independently identify and work with interfaces and resolve issues, maintain consistency through adherence to small capital project processes.
- Monitor and report project overall status on cost and schedule – progress and performance reports as comparing with deterministic target and probabilistic target; tracking schedule milestones, areas of concerns and action items; project manpower FTEs.
- Administer management of change, including budget transfers, allowance and contingency drawdown and trend logs
- Work with Procurement, Estimating & Project Management to estimate changes and resolve claims.
- Work with Planner / Scheduler, Cost Estimator and Procurement to develop, generate, and analyze integrated project progress & performance reports, and forecasts.
- Participate in project reviews, risk assessments and assurance activities.
- Support business planning processes and reporting
- Maintain Ecosys (project controls database) and ensure accuracy of PowerBi dashboard reports.
- Support the development of data analytics and benchmarking activities.
- Ensure the cost reporting project to stakeholders in timely manner.
- Coordinate project closeout and lookback activities
- May mentor others
- Proficient in progress measurement, project cost management of change, contingency management, forecasting
- Require Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in project controls, cost risk management
- Require oil and gas industry experience.
- Require project experience.
- EcoSys database experience
- IPA or any industry benchmarking experience
- Project lookback
- Project schedule
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 10 + years of related experience required (construction management/engineering experience preferred)