System and Process analyst - Project Control
Purpose of the position
Be the focal point for support to the users of the project control management system; EcoSys. Support The System Lead and team with defined improvements connected to EcoSys, such as configuration, data integration and related processes. Updates and maintenance of system user guides and documentations. Handle errors, problem-solving and lead improvements activities connected to EcoSys and relevant deliveries.
- Ensure that data structures are used in an efficient manner in EcoSys to support Project control’s work processes.
- Maintain and ensure consistency in logic and data structures.
- Exploit EcoSys functionality to establish quality Performance analysis and reporting.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the WBS used for Projects in client, support, and control correct use of WBS and all relevant metadata for new projects.
- Understand and support data integration between established systems, data warehouse and Power BI reports.
- Ensure functionality and configuration in EcoSys work as intended, in own area of responsibility.
- Hold a “Admin” role in EcoSys and provide required support to Project Control team.
- Control and support set up of new projects in EcoSys.
- Updates and maintenance of system user guides and documentations.
- Ensure consistency in data structures and use of data in different workflows in EcoSys.
- Proactively investigate the possibilities of improving the system and propose better ways of utilizing the system.
- University degree, IT, Business or similar
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal education.
- Experience from project control and understanding of principles, methods, and tools
- Understanding of standard E&P project structures and WBS
- Genuine interest and experience in the systems/technical aspects in SAP/databases/IT tools/Power BI/EcoSys
- First-hand experience using project control systems and procedures support by leading software applications.
- Min 5 years relevant and similar capacity in project controls disciplines, preferably in Offshore Construction/EPCIC industry.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of application databases and data structure
- Strong analytic skills, with eyes for details
- Collaborator with system users in an open and supportive manner.
- Ability to be flexible and team oriented in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Assure that tasks and activities are correct, complete, and effective delivered.
- Pro-Active attitude in promoting improvements and seeking clarifications.
- Willing to take the lead when challenges occur. Looks for ways to do things better, and more efficiently.
- Actively seek knowledge and best practice, related to own area of contribution.
- Actively engages and respects contributions of others.