Permit to Work Coordinator
The Permit to Work (PTW) – Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Coordinator will provide support to the PTW – LOTO team to ensure all on site services are properly implemented and conducted.
This role will form a key part of the Operational Readiness team to ensure the execution of an effective system and ensure short term and long-term activities are well planned and implemented for tie-in activities relating to Major Capital Projects.
- Implementation and day to day operation of the project Permit to Work – Lock Out Tag Out system for all construction, commissioning & operations activities
- A high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders is kept at all times.
- Facilitation of permit meetings; ensuring all permits are completed and issued with required supporting documentation; tracking of permits from creation to close out;
- Maintaining applicable hard and soft copy records and managing the permit log; and overseeing all other activities relating to PTW’s.
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with the applicable procedures.
- Excellent communication skills to implement, drive and coordinate the PTW / LOTO process.
- Read, understand and comply with all policies arrangements/procedures and rules as issued.
- Undertake coaching, mentoring and training on the PTW / LOTO process / procedure and software.
- Undertake issuing and closing of permits
- Undertake review of isolation designs and complete field verification acting as Isolation Supervisor
- Always work in accordance with method statements and risk assessments as provided.
- Take care of your own health and safety whilst at work; and ensure your activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
- Report to immediate leader all incidents, which have or could result in personal injury or environmental damage.
- Participate and cooperate with internal/external audit process as required.
Work Experience / Technical Skill Requirements
- 7 + years’ experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage and work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, company procurement, material and logistical systems
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Understanding of Australian and common International standards and regulatory authority requirements in the relevant processing sector
- Ability to identify risks and work safely
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience of the implementation and use of PTW / LOTO systems in the industry
- Ability to demonstrate an electrical or mechanical background and an understanding of the issues that can present themselves in an active site and appropriate mitigation actions as appropriate to a Permit to Work – Lock Out Tag Out system.
Education / Qualification Requirements
- Current nationally accredited Confined Space Ticket
- Current nationally accredited Working at Heights Ticket.
- Current High-Risk qualifications are highly regarded (Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Rigging, Crane, Scaffolding)
- Previous commissioning experience highly regarded.
- Current WA C Class Driver’s License as a minimum
- Current WA HR Class Driver’s License highly regarded