Accountant , Operational Accounting
The primary purpose of this position is to contribute to the deliverable of the Operational Accounting group within areas such as Joint Venture Accounting for partner operated assets or through taking on or coordination of projects approvals.
- Accounting of COP partner operated billings and cash calls in accordance with the Joint Operating Agreements
- Coordination and administration of authorisation of expenditure (AFE) for projects in Norway, including both operated projects and projects related to partner operated licences.
- Produce monthly reports of costs incurred per project, including cost updates and a comparison to the authorized amount.
- Responsible for ensuring a structured, correct and efficient processing of AFE requests to ensure all project costs are approved according to authority limitations and that delays in project start-up are minimised.
- Partner with the organisation, as needed, in their efforts to create AFE requests.
- Responsible for coordination and administration of partners approvals for Norway and Teesside
- Prepare monthly project cost reports and distribute to project responsible and internal management.
- Accounting of non-operated billings and cash calls
- Verify and record Cash call in SAP.
- Extract Joint Interest Billing from L2S and record billings into SAP.
- Record accrual for value of work done, currently not recorded through the Joint Interest Billing
- Monitor and control month-end non-operated Joint Venture closing processes.
- Account Reconciliations
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business degree
- Experience from Finance or related functions
- Structured, flexible, and accurate team player
- Display initiative, plan, and control own work within scheduled deadlines
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office programs
- System & analytical skills with a practical approach to problem solving.
- Strong English communication skills both written and verbally.
- 3 years or more of direct finance-related experience
- Understanding of oil and gas business operations
- Knowledge of joint operating agreements and internal controls
- Knowledge of accounting rules and regulations for USGAAP, NGAAP and Tax
- Good analytical skills
- Takes accountability.
- Communicates Effectively
- Partners Collaboratively
Duration 12.06.2023 - 31.12.2024
Apply for this position
ConocoPhillips Scandinavia AS