Lead Fire Protection / Safety Engineer
Based in our Houston office, the Lead Fire Protection/Safety Engineer will be responsible for:
Providing fire protection engineering deliverables requiring fire protection engineering skills and the use of engineering judgment.
• Provide project deliverables including but not limited to philosophies, calculations, specifications, and drawings. Deliverables may include: fire protection system P&IDs (fire water supply and distribution, water spray deluge, foam, clean agent); other drawings such as fire protection equipment location plans, fire and gas detector location plans, egress and safety equipment location plans, fire exposed envelope plans; specifications for fire protection systems, fire and safety equipment, survival craft, lifesaving equipment; fire and safety equipment requisition packages; fire and safety study reports (fireproofing requirements, electrical area classification).
• Perform field surveys and inspections at project construction sites
• Provide input to project planning and scope, staffing and reporting.
• Coordinate with other engineering and design disciplines to meet safety in design and other project requirements.
• Manage and direct external subcontracts for specialty studies (e.g. blast, noise, etc.)
• Interface with Client representatives and subcontractors.
• Remain familiar with onshore and offshore oil & gas and safety regulations to assist in project compliance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Fire Protection Engineering preferred).
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with fire protection hydraulic calculation software and standard office software
• Professional Engineer License and the ability to register in multiple states
• Ten or more years of experience performing fire protection engineering and design on projects in the oil and gas industry (fire water supply and distribution, water spray deluge, fire and gas detection, access / egress studies, etc.).
• Familiarity with onshore/offshore based process systems, utilities, layout and configuration.
• Experience in LNG, Refining and/or Petrochemical
• Project lead experience.
NSB | Omega