Seeking a self-directed, energetic Environmental Consultant to join our Regulatory & Environmental Team. This position focuses on providing technical expertise and project leadership related to siting, permitting, and evaluating environmental impacts of energy and industrial sector development projects. Projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse. The position will require the candidate to work both independently and on project teams, and to possess the capacity to manage varying priorities and multiple tasks to work on concurrent projects and meet project deadlines. The candidate will serve as a project manager/task manager on multi-disciplinary projects. Assignments will include a combination of work from office/home and occasional travel.
- Work with project delivery teams to execute large, complex, multidisciplinary development projects through the complete project lifecycle ranging from feasibility to design to construction to operations.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide technical expertise to support the growth of offerings for renewable energy, decarbonization, energy transition, and energy diversity.
- Work with project teams to identify project environmental constraints, reduce environmental impacts, maintain environmental compliance, and manage permitting timelines.
- Interact directly with internal team members, clients, construction contractors, other consultants, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with regulatory agencies.
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and functions within the project delivery team.
- Complete assigned tasks within quality/budget/schedule expectations.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental planning, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience, preferably with both consulting and public sector experience
- Experience in any of the following preferred: NEPA, FERC, Equator Principles, Water/Wastewater, Air/Noise, Environmental Permitting, Environmental Compliance
- Experience serving industrial and energy sector clients preferred.
- Experience in decarbonizing and diversifying energy preferred.
- Prior project management experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivery of quality work products.
- Strong written/verbal communication and organizational/analytical skills; experience with detailed reports and documentation.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision; team player, eager to learn and grow, client-focused, project-oriented.
Global Engineering and Consulting Company