Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist
The Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist is an integral part of Client's dynamic team. You will execute procurement and subcontracting activities from creation and approval of bid lists all the way through arrival of equipment at job site. The successful candidate reports directly to Procurement and Subcontracts Manager and will play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the construction phase of the project.
The Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist reports to the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager and will provide for the effective execution of procurement and subcontracting activities such as:
- Assist with the preparation of the Project Procurement and Subcontracts Plan.
- Assist with the setup of the project procurement and subcontract processes, procedures, templates, systems and reporting.
- Conduct procurement & subcontract activities aligned with budget, schedule, quality, cost, etc.
- Coordinates with internal project stakeholders to ensure the timely review and approval of all procurement and subcontract documentation, purchase orders and agreements.
- Execute Company procurement and subcontract activities.
- Ensure goods and services are contracted at competitive prices, while maintaining quality standards and schedules.
- Review RFP, bid recommendations and POs including terms and conditions, cost, schedule, inspection, expediting, buy downs, etc. to meet project requirements.
- Review subcontract RFQ, proposals, bid recommendations and service agreements including terms and conditions, cost, schedule and other contractual matters to meet project requirements.
- Ensure effective communication of project procurement and subcontract activities to the project team (purchasing, logistics, quality control surveillance, supplier quality, trade compliance, expediting, etc.).
- Maintain project budget information for procurement and subcontracting activities and reports same to management.
- Efficiently monitor, report and present key project performance indicators and procurement statistics to PMT Leadership; highlight any supplier and procurement activities that impact the project including both opportunities and/or potential risks.
- Evaluate and advises the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager regarding any procurement change orders and claims.
- Lead Company reviews and approvals of RFPs, commercial bid tabulations, purchase recommendations and purchase orders ensuring compliance with the project procurement plan, budget, schedule and cost.
- Identify, resolve and mitigate any issues relating to contractors and suppliers performance while ensuring a positive working relationships.
- Ensure that all supply chain activities within the area of responsibility are carried out in accordance to RGE Core Values, the Ethics Policy, and the Supply Chain Code of Conduct.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited university.
- Legally authorized to work in USA - position is based in Houston, TX.
- 15 + years’ procurement/subcontracting experience in major capital projects in the petroleum industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience representing the operating company
- Prior LNG experience highly desired.
- Strong competence across multiple Supply Chain Management functional areas (procurement, contracting, logistics, warehousing, etc.).
- Experienced in negotiating contracts, subcontracts, and pricing agreements.
- Experienced in issuing correspondence, assessing changes and claims, analysis of progress and processing of invoices.
- Experienced in full cycle contracting and procurement - tendering, tender evaluation, clarification, negotiation, formation and execution through to completion and close out.
- Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities within tight time frames.