Power BI and CMS Analyst
Looking for an experienced capital project practitioner with strong organizational, interpersonal, and executive presentation skills to fill a Power BI and CMS Analyst position. The individual who is selected to fill this role shall possess an ability to collaborate across many organizations simultaneously and quickly synthesize technical, financial, and capital project information to identify the short and long-term opportunities. This position is part reports to the Performance Manager, Capital Projects. The role will work closely with the members of the Corporate Project Services, Project Controls, and Capital Project Finance organizations. The overall focus of this role will be to support the Performance Manager, Capital Projects with launching Power BI analytics and reporting for Capital projects, helping with early warning signals for improving KPIs across various sustaining sites, creating dashboards in Power BI to assess health of the portfolio. When Corporate Project Controls launches Cost Management System, Power BI and CMS Analyst shall act as Subject Matter Expert and Go-To person in Sustaining Americas and Europe Project Controls community.
- Support Performance Manager, Capital Projects – in meeting team OKRs assigned to performance team timely and efficiently
- Support Performance Manager, Capital Projects – with various “health checks” (both quantitatively and qualitatively) for pre- and post-Final Investment Decision (FID) strategically important and material projects.
- Lead the effort in creating leveraging Power BI and improving efficiency and effectiveness of reporting as needed
- When Corporate Project Controls launches Cost Management System, Power BI and CMS Analyst shall act as Subject Matter Expert and Go-To person in Sustaining Americas and Europe Project Controls community.
- Assist Performance Manager and Site Project Controls teams with improving Key Performance Indicators and site statistics achieving +/-10% accuracy for Monthly, Quarterly, 90-Day Rolling and Yearly forecasting
- Serve as the main focal point for continuous improvement of change management and variance improvement process (Americas / Europe region) including maintaining integrated portfolio change log, studying and analyzing root causes for changes and recommending mitigating actions where needed
- Assist Performance Manager, Site Project Controls and Planning Manager (part of Corporate Project Controls) for questions and data related to long range planning (LRP), annual operating plan (AOP), and other budget efforts.
- Collaborate closely and frequently with Process Technology Coordinator and Growth Platform Leaders to ensure alignment and support on key initiatives and helping PT team to meet their OKRs that involve capital project execution “health check” tracking and reporting
- Serve as the bridge between organization and Manufacturing Safety organization in implementing Facilex as a safety tool for tracking and reporting safety incidents, SCANs, management engagements, engineering hours etc. until Safety Director is hired.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Construction Management and/or applicable course of study or equivalent work experience
- 0-10 years of experience in process industries (refining, petrochemical, chemical)
- Basic experience or above with a phase-gate or stage-gate project work process and Project Process APP
- Knowledge of SAP Hana 4 version is a big plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with a high level of precision and integrity to internal and external stakeholders. (Cross functional collaboration at executive level is highly desirable but not required)
- Technical skills including knowledge of SAP, Analysis for Office (Excel Bolt On), Power BI, Industry Leading Cost Management Tools to advance analytics and reporting of portfolio to enable effective and timely decision making
- Top-tier analytical skills used to identify gaps and develop/implement solutions