Responsible to provide Document Control functions for the handling of Engineering Documentation for the Engineering Services Document Management program with a view to providing a dedicated focus on fulfilling the project’s commitment to “providing an environment where people can work safely and collaboratively with a confidence that information, and the systems that manage it, are accessible, accurate, reliable and timely throughout the full life cycle of the asset”.
- Implement the Information Management (IM) plan, procedures and work instructions with an emphasis on following the Site Document Control Procedure. Provide input when requested.
- Maintain the structural framework for content organization (revision controlled documents and administrative records) within the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Ensure Supplier drawings in both electronic and hard copy format are distributed when required
- Ensure filing of electronically and by hard copy site originated documents
- Provide feedback on the use of EDMS tools, folder creation within EDMS, perform regular quality checks in EDMS as directed, and provide assistance where required on available reports in EDMS.
- Perform and coordinate the process activities associated with the day to day processing and managing of documents and administrative records (copy, distribute, numbering, coding, filling requests, registration, tracking, system inputs, hard copy filing, etc)
- Interfacing with internal /external submitters of documentation and requesting any third party resources required to perform IM functions.
- Check quality of documentation and electronic documents.
- File and maintain hard copy “Stick Files” if required
- Scan, register, upload and transmit As Built documents
- Create document registers, discrepancy log of Turnover DocumentsOther IM related duties as required.
- Business/Commerce, Engineering Degree, Technologist, or equivalent experience in document control
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
St. John's, NL