Procurement Process, Governance, Compliance and Assurance Lead
Seeking dynamic process and governance advocate responsible to drive and collaborate with the Client procurement organization in its development of a sustainable process to govern overall procurement activities that are evolving as a result of ongoing business transformation activities. This individual will collaborate with procurement leadership and team members to update overall process design and its application, and continuous improvement in accordance with process guidelines, framework, and tools in procurement to drive improved procurement performance. This role ensures that processes are sufficiently described, documented, reviewed, updated and promulgated to the organization while ensuring appropriate controls and accuracy.
• Work as a part of the procurement business improvement team to lead and coordinate the development, implementation and execution of procurement and contracting processes, governance, compliance and assurance.
• Assist in the redesign, implementation, communication and ongoing execution of an effective procurement governance model through the development and documentation of effective and efficient procedures and guidance
• Create, standardize and document key procurement and business processes that support consistent, efficient and effective procurement activities
• Develop and contribute to the longer-term vision and strategy for the procurement process and governance
• Work closely with various internal groups to understand process improvement needs, implement new processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements within the procurement function
• Assess procurement-related processes for quality and robustness, identify gaps or inefficiencies, and propose solutions and improvements to balance efficiency with risk mitigation
• Ensure sufficient levels of control, accountability and compliance in procurement processes
• Identify opportunities and best practices / industry norms with solutions that accelerate outcomes and performance
• Establish and implement systems and processes to gauge effectiveness of the procurement process, monitor and benchmark whether procurement objectives and commitments are being achieved and reflected in organizational performance and outcomes
• Foster a culture of awareness across the organization on procurement process and topics
• Deep understanding of end to end procurement process , methodologies and related risks
• Thorough understanding of Source to Pay processes and dependencies
• Demonstrated experience in developing and documenting effective processes that balance complexity with ease of use and ability to execute
• Demonstrated ability to present and interpret risk scenarios to management.
• Ability to balance ideology with existing corporate culture, while challenging embedded practices for betterment of the organization
• Demonstrated experience in developing documents and presenting complex information to colleagues at all levels
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills to achieve collaboration and alignment
• Bachelor's degree in business, procurement, supply chain or relatable field
• 10-15 yrs experience in Procurement / Global Supply Chain (GSC)
• 1-5 years in a Procurement / GSC leadership role with experienced in the development / modification of global procurement policy within a large / diverse org
• Preference to O&G experience (Downstream would be ideal) but open to other similar globally organized industries
• Hybrid: expecting 3 to 4 days in office / week