• Project Controls Implementation: implementation and execution of the cost management program for assigned projects/portfolio. Facilitation and the development of cost estimates/budgets and establishment of cost baselines.
• Change Management / Forecasting: Implementation of change management practices and proactively capturing associated cost impacts.
• Reporting: Development of dashboards and presentations to communicate cost performance to teams in real-time. Implementation of a standardized suite of cost reports that empower project managers to maintain control of projects and enable senior management to make data-driven decisions.
• Analysis and Tracking: Perform trend analyses and proactively evaluate project cost performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders.
• Funding Requests: Coordinate Project Controls team's contributions to development of project funding requests.
• Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks and lead the cost contingency management process for assigned projects based on a quantitative risk assessment.
• Studies: Lead ad-hoc cost studies that enable rapid decision-making based on payback, rate of return, etc.
• Minimum ten (10) years of progressive industry experience within Project Controls disciplines;
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma and qualification in Project Management with experience in the Construction/Engineering Project Management environment including general and contractor management experience in a senior managerial position;
• Knowledge and experience of Refining and related projects;
• Experience in medium to large scale projects in owner’s or owner’s-representative role;
• Sound understanding of the PMBOK approach to Project Management;
• Ability to think tactically and strategically with an ability to lead and manage change;
• Ability to translate Project strategy into a Project Controls functional plan;
• Demonstrable track record of delivering on operational goals;
• Advanced decision making and analytical skills and experience in management of risk;
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization;
• Excellent planning, time management, problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Proven commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental standards.
This position is a standard 40 hour work week, with OT potential during peak construction and turnarounds. For non-locals, per diem will be provided.