The corporate manufacturing excellence team is sponsoring a global project, called Project AI (Albemarle Intelligence) that will use data analytics and machine learning to analyze chemical production processes and unlock improvements that significantly lower cost, increase capacity, and improve reliability. The project will provide a standard set of configured analytical tools including OSIsoft PI Asset Framework, Northwest Analytics for SQC, SPC, and SIMCA for machine learning algorithms, along with creating best practice standards and training. Improvement projects will follow the DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) strategy to improve processes.
The Manufacturing Data Analytics Engineer will help develop and execute Project AI while supporting the long-term sustainability and growth with the use of these tools and technology in the company.
Configure and implement analytics software tools and develop best practice standards to promote a sustainable way of driving value from data analytics.• Develop a project scope for each plant site, supervising the design and configuration work done by the integration contractor and conduct training.• Commission software and lead the site teams through a first set of improvement projects.• Facilitate frequent progress review meetings with sites.• Assist in the implementation of analytics software tools and developing standards process improvement.• Execute the project scope for assigned plant sites or production areas. This includes:o Analyzing the production process to identify critical aspects and opportunities for improvement.o Designing a software configuration that helps the operations team to better monitor the process.o Developing plans for training and change management.o Create and manage existing documentation around standards, how-to-guides, etc• Identify opportunities for improvement and potential solutions.• Estimate, measure, and track all potential financial benefits & ROI.• Continually evaluate and improve effectiveness of current analytical methods and dashboards.• Identify and recommend additional improvement opportunities including creating additional analytical methods, recipe changes, DCS logic modification, procedure modifications, etc.• Facilitate frequent progress review meetings with sites• Update status on project goals and objectives, action items, and change management strategy.• Supervise the configuration work performed by the integration contractor.• Conduct training of plant site staff including training on the software tools and using the tools for process improvement.• Commission the software tools at the plant site.
Lead the site operations teams through a first set of improvement projects using the DMAIC data-drivenstrategy and other Six Sigma improvement techniques.• Execute the change management strategy to ensure the improvements are sustainable at each site.• Develop tools and training to allow the operator teams to run and troubleshoot daily production, while siteleaders and engineers work on continuous improvement.• Assist with developing and delivering Process Optimization Academies providing in depth training on dataanalytics, statistics, machine learning and process optimization and improvement.Analytics Software Tools• OSIsoft Pi System - Asset Framework Analytics Templates, Event Frames PI Vision• Northwest Analytics - Quality analyst for statistical quality control (SQC) and statistical process control(SPC), Focus EMI for real time analytics Actionbaords• Sartorius SIMCA - Machine learning software for both ADHOC and real time multivariate statistical processcontrol (MSPC) using Principal Component Analysis and Partial Lest Squares• PowerBI• SQL
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with experience in either Production, Process, Chemical,
Process Control or Manufacturing engineering.
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role in Chemical Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Refining, or Petrochemical
• Experience applying PI System tools (or equivalent data historian), advanced analytics, and statistical
techniques to monitor and improve production processes.
• Experience interacting with and executing process improvements with Operators.
• Proven record of leveraging technology to lead continuous improvement programs.
• Tracking KPI for production processes - OEE, MDC, Quality, raw material utilizations, yield, factory costs,
and energy utilizations.
• Initiating Process Control & DCS Improvements – such as improvements to Batch Logic, PID Control Loop
Tuning, and/or changes to general process control strategies.
• Proven examples of innovation
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels in the organization coupled with strong influencing skills
• The ability to travel to various Albemarle’s manufacturing locations around the world.
• Ability to work non-standard hours to align with US based team
• Fluency in English
• Experience working with different cultures and nationalities
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
• Fluency in English and Chinese
• Experience with OSIsoft PI Asset Framework, PI Analytics, PI Vision, Event Frames
• Experience with Northwest Analytics Quality Analyst & Focus EMI Software
• Experience with Sartorius SIMCA Multivariate Software
Bachelor’s degree in production, Process, Chemical, Process Control or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (highly regarded)
Perth or Bunbury