The Project Cost Controller reports to the Manager, Project Services within the Downstream / Midstream Capital Projects team. The incumbent is assigned to support large projects by overseeing the cost control duties with intent of setting projects up for success: setting Work Breakdown Structure, baselining costs at the time of sanction, tracking against plan, and proactively enabling teams to recover to plan through early identification of variance from plan. This role will be working with both third-party contractors (engineering companies, vendors, contractors) and internal clients and requires strong customer service and communication skills to align with the needs of the individual project managers and Major Projects leadership.
Throughout the life cycle of the projects, the Cost Controller liaises with various stakeholders such as: members of Portfolio Reporting, Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Finance, Construction and Commissioning Management Team, external EPC contractors and external construction contractors and therefore required to understand and communicate the full project scope of work.
This position will also provide backup (vacation coverage) to the other cost controllers, as well as, to Portfolio Reporting.
Cost Controller will support implementation of department initiatives intended to strive towards continuous improvement, standardization, improvement of integration across functions, gain efficiency, implement new technology, etc.
• Technical, or equivalent related experience
• Minimum of Five (5) years of Cost Control experience in the engineering, construction, project management of Oil & Gas related projects
• Superior working knowledge of SAP
• Thorough knowledge of Engineering, Supply Chain, Fabrication and Construction processes as part of project execution
• Excellent planning, time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Proven ability to collaborate with people from various disciplines to achieve goals
• Team player with strong leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to effectively guide a project team
• Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Products (Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments.
• Exceptional skills in effectively guiding multiple teams, with competing priorities
• Excellent business writing and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate across business functions in an effective and professional manner
• Uninhibited by challenge, disagreement, and ambiguity, change
• Inspires a shared vision and fosters innovation and creativity
• Extremely passionate and motivated by cost control management; proven ability to lead all aspects of cost control