• For all Piping, Painting, Insulation and Installation Work,
• conduct design reviews and approve in accordance with the project quality plan the General layout (Site Plan), Equipment Layout (Unit Plot Plan), Piping and Instrument diagrams, Line lists, Piping lists/speciality data sheets, isometric design & issue procedure, isometric
drawings, isometric list and alike
• Ensure that the local Tie-ins and As Built documentation are reviewed correctly and correctly taken into the design.
• is responsible for the Document Distribution Matrix for the respective discipline area
• approve the material requisition for bid inquiry of long lead items, if required, and pass to
Engineering Manager for final approval
• perform a detailed quality check of the Piping, Painting and Insulation Work package before bid inquiry
• review technical bid evaluations and approve accordingly
• for any defined long lead items follow up of the supply and Vendors’ drawing check in
accordance with the project quality plan and carry out vendors’ visits for inspection purposes
• for any defined long lead items participate actively in Vendor contract negotiations, Kick-off meetings, and visits to expedite information etc.
• Review and approve interface Vendor documentation
• Supports the exercise to define the spare parts, for 2-year commissioning and Start-up and for capital spares; ensure these are in the estimate
• Contribute as a team member and liaise with other disciplines as necessary for IDC checks etc., to minimize costs and efficiently co-ordinate planned work scopes.
• follow up closely the engineering and procurement schedules ensuring the activities for the discipline are completed in a timely manner.
• attend internal progress meetings and meetings as required with the engineering Contractor.
• Participate actively in the Contractors planning and monitor overall progress and performance by frontline activities identifying any areas of concern and implementation or instigation of appropriate remedial actions
• Actively participate in audits of both the Contractor.
• Gives input to the Engineering Manager to keep track of the process defects, non-conformities etc., as stated in the Contract with Engineering Contractor.
• Performs risk Assessment continuously in his area.
• Performs and assists in TÜV (NOBO) clarifications and negotiations regarding pressure
equipment and pipe classes
• Participation in authority meetings for negotiating discipline issues
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
• Minimum 10 years of working experience
• High degree of computer literacy.
• Vast knowledge of the discipline
• Previous knowledge of Mechanical installations
• Technical experience, preferably in a maintenance or Project environment
working with Contactors.
• Comprehensive Onshore Construction and investment project Experience
• Woking experience in multicultural environment
• Experience of heavy industrial, semiconductor, chemical or pharmaceutic plants
• Proven ability to work as an effective team player
• Self motivated with ability to supervise and motivate small team
• Willingness to travel
• High ethical standards
• Commercial understandings
• Good communication skills
• Cultural awareness
Duration 22.09.2022 - 31.08.2027
Location Stavanger and Sauda.
Business trips to France must be expected