For all Mechanical Equipment,
• conduct design reviews and approve in accordance with the project quality plan the
Mechanical data sheets
• is responsible for the Document Distribution Matrix for the respective discipline area
• approve the material requisition for bid inquiry of long lead items, if required and pass to
Engineering Manager for final approval
• perform a detailed quality check of the Mechanical Work package before bid inquiry
• review technical bid evaluations and approve accordingly
• for any defined long lead items follow up of the supply and Vendors’ drawing check in
accordance with the project quality plan and carry out vendors’ visits for inspection purposes
• for any defined long lead items participate actively in Vendor contract negotiations, Kick-off
meetings, and visits to expedite information etc.
• Supports the exercise to define the spare parts, for 2 year commissioning and Start-up and
for capital spares; ensure these are in the estimate
• Contribute as a team member, and liaise with other disciplines and the Engineering and
Procurement Contractor as necessary for IDC checks etc., to minimise costs and efficiently coordinate
planned work scopes.
• follow up closely the engineering and procurement schedules ensuring the activities for the
discipline are completed in a timely manner.
• attend internal progress meetings and meetings as required with the Contractor.
• Participate actively in the Contractors planning and monitor overall progress and performance
by frontline activities identifying any areas of concern and implementation or instigation of
appropriate remedial actions
• Actively participate in audits of both the Contractor and Vendors, where appropriate.
• Gives input to the Engineering Manager to keep track of the process defects, non-conformities
etc., as stated in the Contract with the Engineering Contractor.
• Performs risk Assessment continuously in his area.
• Performs and assists in TÜV (NOBO) clarifications and negotiations regarding pressure
equipments and pipe classes
• Participation in authority meetings for negotiating discipline issues
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
• Minimum 10 years of working experience
• High degree of computer literacy.
• Previous knowledge of Mechanical installations
• Technical experience, preferably in a maintenance or Project environment
working with Contactors.
• Comprehensive Onshore Construction and investment project Experience
• Woking experience in multicultural environment
• Experience of petrochemical plants is important.
• Proven ability to work as an effective team player
• Self motivated with ability to supervise and motivate small team
• Willingness to travel
• High ethical standards
• Commercial understandings
• Good communication skills
• Cultural awareness
Duration 22.09.2022 / 31.08.2027
Location Stavanger, Sauda, business trips to Paris must be expected