Project Cost Controller
Key role in Project Control team responsible for cost engineering deliverables for the integrated project.
The role covers budget preparation, detailed cost tracking, forecasting, reporting and project closeout activities.
The role requires close collaboration with integrated project team members, alliances and contractor organisations, asset finance manager and cost controller, D&W Cost Controller, BU Controller, Finance, SBD
- Lead all integrated project cost engineering activities associated with monthly performance reporting, KPI reporting, business plan updates, annual and quarterly license budgets, baseline process, cost and schedule risk analysis and other applicable project control processes
- Utlise EcoSys as Project Cost Management system and (pro)actively participate in improvement of system functionality and cost engineering processes
- Implement and maintain the standard project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)/Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS)
- Responsible for accurate and consistent cost tracking in EcoSys during the life cycle of the project.
- Be able to communicate basis for cost estimates, estimate and baseline assumptions
- Identify, analyze deviations against project targets
- Responsible for transfer of the Estimate into Control Budget (MCE)
- Work closely with Alliance Project Teams to capture, understand, control and trend changes and impact of changes to Alliance MLCs and forecasts
- Provide cost input to and implement the cost element of risk management plan
- Support project change management, reviewing scope changes, assessing impacts of project changes on project cost. Maintain project cost change register in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage contingency drawdown plan, provide visual reports to PM
- Correlate cost data with other project controls data (schedules, manpower, productivity etc), investigate variances, prepare analysis, highlight inconsistencies and propose mitigating actions
- Read and acquire a thorough working knowledge of the relevant articles of project contracts and MLC agreements, PEP, PDO, SOW. Seek clarification from others in the project team
- Provide data to populate benchmarking database, project close-out report. Compare final outcome with Sanction estimate
- Responsible for managing accruals, cash flow input, invoice handling, preparation of requisitions
- BSc/MSc. in Engineering / Economics / Management or equivalent education
- Expertise and deep competence in Cost Engineering discipline, tools and methods
- Understanding of project cost engineering tools and methods
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of SAP, PIMS, EcoSys, Microsoft office
- Technical professional with broad exposure to full life cycle projects in the industry
- Self-starter with a strong delivery focus and excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Team player with ability to interface with and influence a wide range of teams / disciplines
- Able to “speak data” and utilize digital technology and translate it into more efficient work processes and higher productivity
- Able to identify improvement areas and willing to take the lead when challenges occur. Continuously seeks ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently.
- Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
Duration 01.08.2022 - 31.07.2025