The Project Manager will ensure that project performance, consistency and compliance to the project charter and project execution plan is maintained as committed. Responsibilities will be to accomplish the project objectives through engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and pre-commissioning activities for one or more areas of the project. The Project Manager will be required to interact with internal and external stakeholders of the project and exercise the necessary leadership to help ensure the project is completed on schedule and within budget, while maintaining the safety and operational integrity of personnel and facilities. OSBL area and E&I experience is desirable.
• To help help ensure project performance, consistency and compliance to the project charter and the project execution plan. 35%
• To ensure all project risks within the project area and for the implementation of the corresponding mitigation plans. 20%
• Effectively manage project team (internal & contractors) for all aspects of the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning and start-up. 15%
• Help ensure that all project interfaces are properly managed and that actions are tracked to full completion. 10%
• To ensure appropriate technical scope, cost estimate, cost and schedule controls, and audits take place on a timely basis and findings are actioned. 10%
• Champion HSE behaviours and ensure proper process safety is incorporated into the design. 5%
• Help ensure all regulatory approvals are in place for design & construction activities. 5%
• A minimum of 5 to 15 years of proven experience in project mangement associated with the execution of refinery project with TIC $200MM
• Strong understanding of discipline engineering deliverables and activities as well as Project Planning and Controlling
• Knowledge of up-to-date business processes and best practices as utilized on Major Projects
• Previous experience working in Pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed Design project phases
• Proven practical understanding of project management principles and best practices
• Prior project experience within the Owner's organization
• PMP or advanced project management degree an asset.