The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the management of Commissioning & Start Up and Discovery projects Department in Superior. The successful candidate uses discretion in handling details of a confidential and sensitive nature; uses initiative and independent judgment and escalates issues when appropriate. The Administrative Assistant is a team player who is proactive, cooperative, collaborative, flexible, identifies process improvement opportunities, has a desire to learn new skills and has a positive mindset. Models integrity, poise, high energy and a strong sense of urgency, acting as an extension of the leadership team.
• Co-ordinates the schedule, appointments, reservations, and travel arrangements for management of the CSU and discovery Team in Superior. Provides support to welcome visitors to the CSU office, coordinating meeting room arrangements, refreshments, and other visitor needs.
• Prepares and submits confidential and time-sensitive information, correspondence, and reports for use in discussions and meetings within the organization and other parties; providing agendas, minutes and other supporting documentation where required
• Assists Team members with expense reports and approvals.
• Acts as Logistics Coordinator to efficiently onboard new contractors.
• Works effectively with the CSU, Superior Rebuild Project, Operations Readiness, and refinery staff to request, gather and summarize and disseminate information.
• Assists in the daily tasks of individuals on the CSU Team, including maintaining supplies, obtaining document approvals, and updating documents and forms.
• Office Administration or Business Administration Diploma or equivalent training and business experience
• Minimum of 5 years progressive administrative/secretarial experience
• Experience in construction or the petroleum industry preferred
Technical Skills and Abilities
• Strong organization skills, with the ability to set priorities, follow-up and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the company and external contacts
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
• Displaying tact and good judgment in resolving problems and answering inquiries
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, varied and diverse environment with changing priorities
• A high degree of initiative and self-motivation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (including Manager's Desktop) Adobe Acrobat
• Proficiency in Visio, DocuSign (Asset)