Commissioning & Start Up Director
Omega is a leading global supplier of innovative software systems and project personnel to the mining, oil & gas and energy sectors. We have long been an established and trusted brand; we currently deploy staff and software to over 800 projects across multifaceted disciplines, supporting projects ranging from $100k to $20+ Billion.
Our Client has entered commissioning phase in their landmark lithium project and they are looking to bring in an experienced Start-Up director to drive the project into operations.
- Lead the owners team in collaboration with the head contractor team to ensure a seamless handover from Commissioning to Operations Phase
- Develop and execute systems turnover sequencing for project master schedule, commissioning and start-up schedules and commissioning and start-up procedures for the project
- Facilitate the resolution of conflicts between Operations and the Project team concerning construction and commissioning activities
- Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring and ensure team development to optimise performance and commitment of leaders and employees.
- Assure commissioning testing and ramp up requirements are clearly communicated to all project participants to facilitate a successful plant commissioning, start-up and ramp-up
The successful candidate will be a seasoned commissioning and operational readiness professional with an extensive background in chemical or petrochemical projects.
- 15 + years experience in Mineral Processing, Petro-Chemical, Manufacturing or related industries
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Project Management qualifications would be highly regarded
- Extensive project experience and refined interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will receive:
- Perth based with some site travel required
- A competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience
- Career progression and development opportunities
- Perth based and home every night
- Employee benefits program
Omega is committed to building collaborative teams which harness the exponential power of diversity. Our goal is to ensure our teams are truly representative of the communities in which we live, work and operate projects with in. We encourage applicants from unique and diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note due to COVID 19 Travel Restrictions only applicants currently residing in Australia will be considered