- Perform structural calculations of mechanical equipment and steel-structures according to relevant class rules and reference standards.
- Collaborate with product-groups to provide input and supporting calculations during the concept- and detailed design-phases.
- Participate in startup-meetings and design reviews.
- Make calculation reports by use of MathCAD, Staad.Pro and Ansys.
- Collaborate with Class-societies to obtain design approvals when needed.
- Stay updated on relevant Class-rules and Reference standards.
- Must be able to work within budgets and timelines.
- Must be able to handle several work tasks in parallel.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Bachelor or Master Degree Level in Structural Engineering / Structural Calculations.
- Skills, training or special knowledge: Understanding of engineering documents and drawings.
- Working knowledge of hand calculations / MathCAD.
- Working knowledge of FEM by use of Ansys.
- General IT-knowledge (including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Class Certifications Standards (DNV, ABS, etc).
- Knowledge of reference standards (Eurocode III, FEM, AISC, API.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of SAFI.
- Working knowledge of Caesar II
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
Capable of keeping updated of an evolving portfolio of products and services
- Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
- Be able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
- Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
Personal and Interpersonal :
- Strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
Duration 01.04.2022 - 31.08.2022