Lead Structural, Mechanical & Piping Engineer
This global leader in specialty chemicals powers the potential of companies in many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. This role presents an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to make their mark on a greenfield project in regional WA.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Director, this Lead Engineer is responsible for developing SMP to ensure timely, cost-effective and fit for purpose engineering within project schedules and constraints.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure engineering and design output is in line with business standards and technical requirements
- Work closely with the SMP team to ensure technical policies and standards are adhered to while providing a high standard of leadership, guidance and support
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with the wider project team and EPCM leads
- Actively participate in project schedule development, estimate reviews and change management
- Review engineering design calculations and documentation
- Assist with strategic SMP procurement and supply chain strategies
- Assist Operations team with commissioning and start-up activities
- Adhere and advocate the strong business safety culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (with structural design)
- 10+ years experience in a similar role within the mining/resources, minerals processing sector or similar
- Experience in the detailed design of complex engineering projects
- Strong understanding and experience of 3D intelligent design and project delivery systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to work with all teams and personnel across all levels
Omega 365 is a leading global supplier of innovative software systems and project personnel to the mining, oil & gas and energy sectors. We have long been an established and trusted brand; we currently deploy staff and software to over 800 projects across multifaceted disciplines, supporting projects ranging from $100k to $20+ Billion.